back to article HMRC Verify is '2nd class'

HMRC's new Personal Tax portal won't work fully with new ID system Verify. You can do your personal tax management online, but the GOV.UK webpage warns "you won’t be able to use some services" if you use Verify. Instead you’ll need the Government Gateway to get all the services, HMRC warns. It’s a further blow to the Cabinet …

1. zaax

Put all that information in one place if just asking for trouble. Hackers will be swaming around like bees in honey pot. Also concidering the govenment will not pay for good security.

1. hplasm
      Big Brother

"...Also concidering the govenment will not pay for good security."

Soon, the Govt will get rid of good security, encryption etc.

Job done!

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

> Put all that information in one place if just asking for trouble.

Nobody said they would - only that you'd be able to login using credentials from a third party (like logging in with your Gmail account to some other site)

It's not rocket science, but they seem to be having trouble even with that.

Probably chose some bloated system based on SAML.

3. paulf
      Trollface

"Hackers will be swarming around [it,] like flies around a massive steaming pile of shit."

Fixed it for you.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

not that they give a f***

Their site Its a real mess there, try to navigate on SA accounts pages, I have to bookmark some of the pages I am using , as its not easy to find them again on their labyrinthine pages. Well, as for the 'verify' seems to me a project on indefinite BETA.

3. gerryg
    Big Brother

"verify" yeah, right

This farago has been elaborated in all its gory detail over many months by D Moss Esq

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon