back to article European commish considers probing Android, again

The European Union has taken early steps towards opening an antitrust investigation into the Android operating system. According to Bloomberg, Google's opponents have been asked to prepare redacted versions of their complaints with business secrets removed, so the documents can be shown to Google. The spirits tell Bloomberg …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I think it would be more important in the aftermath of the 'safe harbour' debacle for the EU commish to be investigating the great MS 10 data slurp rather than pandering to a few MS supporters that have, 'supposedly' got their knickers in a twist.

Maybe this is intended to be a way of diverting the commish from looking at MS in detail.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Why does looking into Google preclude looking into Microsoft? Seems you are a Google supporter who has his knickers in a twist.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

@DougS,

I didn't say it did. My main complaint is that MS and its backers appear to get preferential treatment from the EU commission - one word from them and everyone is investigated while MS appears to get a free ride.

What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

1. Charlie Clark Silver badge
          FAIL

My main complaint is that MS and its backers appear to get preferential treatment from the EU commission

That's nonsense. It took a long time but the EC was the only body to impose real sanctions on Microsoft and enforce compliance. This went a long way to keeping the media market open on Windows devices.

2. Voland's right hand Silver badge

Disagree

Paraphrasing Arnaud Amalric: Inquirere eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Investigate them all, God will recognize his own.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

nuisance suit

Years of effort and still no result. Seems launching nuisance suits or provoking state nuisance suits is much harder than expected on this side of the pond.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like