back to article ISS 'nauts Kelly and Kornienko homeward bound

'Nauts Scott Kelly and Mikhail Kornienko will wrap 340 days in space tonight when they return to terra firma from the International Space Station. Kelly and Kornienko will be joined aboard the Soyuz TMA-18M capsule for the return trip to Kazakhstan by cosmonaut Sergey Volkov, who will himself have clocked up 182 days in the …

1. ratfox
    Boffin

Ooh ooh, and because the twin was in space, he's going to be younger than the one who stayed on Earth, right? Despite being twins, one is going to look like the father of the other one, and then some really interesting things is going to happen and…

Staying 340 days at the ISS, which does 7667 m/s, he's going to be younger by… (compute compute) a hundredth of a second. Hmpf…

…Never mind, then.

1. toughluck

Not

Doesn't that only work for one-way trips? When you're going in circles and back to your original location, time dilatation due to relativistic effects equals zero, doesn't it?

1. Gotno iShit Wantno iShit

Re: Not @ toughluck

In a word, no.

2. Marc 25

God speed boys!

Come on home!

3. lawndart

says:

You watch - I've been waking up at about 0330 for the last two weeks instead of my usual 0400. Tomorrow I won't wake until the alarm goes off at 0500 and miss the landing.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Its a long time in spAAACCEE...

...and at the end of the day a mans mouth is biologically identical to a womans....so....what's the problem?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Its a long time in spAAACCEE...

Ew.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like