back to article Wikipedia board stands by new ex-Googler appointee

Tesla’s controversial HR chief has pleaded with Wikipedians for their trust, in a style so unctuous it could make Dickens’ Uriah Heep blush. Arnnon Geshuri, a former Google executive, was appointed to the Board of Trustees at the Wikimedia Foundation (WMF) over the Christmas dead period. The WMF is the cash-rich organisation, …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Dear Chickens,

You've just let a rabid fox into your coop

2. C Montgomery Burns

"and a focus on doing what is right."

Is this new? Because the only reason people know who the hell you are is because you participated in a wildly illegal, and certainly unethical, scheme that materially harmed thousands of workers, and actually fired someone for a minor breach of your illegal policy in order to placate Steve Jobs.

3. phil dude
    WTF?

Nuremberg Defence...

The irony is there exists an entry in Wikipedia addressing this amoral jackass.

Doing bad things for a corporation (the case in point was apparently the rampant price-fixing/no-poaching carried out by Fruity,Letters and many other corps), does not absolve you.

Note, this applies to Governments too...

I wish the Wiki Editors the best of luck, and wonder how hard it is to fork Wikipedia and deploy it somewhere less intra-anally-challenged?

P.

1. graeme leggett Silver badge

Re: Nuremberg Defence...

As most all of it is under a share and acknowledge origin it would easy to fork (aside from technical issue of hosting it ) content at any time, from any point in its history.

4. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

I used to like Wikipedia very much - right now I have the urge to go out and buy a proper encyclopedia. At a local bookshop.

5. Chris G

WMF?

What does the World Mud Flinging organisation have to do with Wickimedia?

OH wait............

6. Daggerchild Silver badge
    WTF?

Strange hollow noise..

There has to be something missing here. This can't all be because he *didn't* poach Apple/Intel engineers when he was at Google, can it?

Isn't there anyone attesting to him personally being a sleazeball, or to any slimy decisions he's started to make in his new job? He must have done something else as well to back all this up, surely.

7. Notas Badoff

If the wine is sour, throw it out!

"Earlier today, Arnnon decided to step down from the Board."

This is not so much the fault of the HR guy (as hateful as his actions were) as another illustration that the board is out-of-step with reality. One of these days they'll stop saying "you aren't listening to us" and realize "we weren't listening to anybody..."

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"thoughtfulness, transparency, diversity, and a focus on doing what is right"

If that's true, he won't last long before he's forced out!

9. John Lilburne

Cromwell's words can be applied to the WMF board

"You have sat too long for any good you have been doing lately ... Depart, I say; and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!"

"You are no longer a Parliament, I say you are no Parliament"

1. Santa from Exeter

Re: Cromwell's words can be applied to the WMF board

Oh, Cromwell eh? Britain's first Military Dictator doing exactly what Charles 1 was censured for doing, bringing armed troops into Parliament.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like