OH KNOWES! I'VE BEEN ACNE SPLATTERED!!!!1!11!one!!!1

This topic was created by jake .

1. jake Silver badge

OH KNOWES! I'VE BEEN ACNE SPLATTERED!!!!1!11!one!!!1

Around 500 "thumbs down" in half a day by someone who apparently has a thumb up.

Hint to the PFY: You'll have to choose someone with a thinner skin if you are looking for a reaction other than a fit of giggles. Several years ago, I had a fanboi manually downvoting me ~2000 times per day for a week or so. Quite frankly, you are a piker and I find your tantrum amusing :-)

More serious ... ElReg: Do you really think allowing this kind of thing is a good idea? I mean me, I don't care, mainly because I know that "thumbs" don't mean anything in the great scheme of things, but other folks might feel intimidated.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Devil

Re: OH KNOWES! I'VE BEEN ACNE SPLATTERED!!!!1!11!one!!!1

Surprised you noticed what must be an almost vanishingly tiny blip in your downvote signal there jake. Really rather impressive.

1. jake Silver badge

"vanishingly tiny blip in your downvote signal"

Actually, in the prior month or so, I was (guessing) about 200 up, and about 80 down.

::shrugs:: Only ElReg knows for sure.

2. diodesign (Written by Reg staff) Silver badge

Jake, which comment are you talking about? 500 thumbs down would be a new record.

C.

1. jake Silver badge

@ diodesign (was: Re: OH KNOWES! I'VE BEEN ACNE SPLATTERED!!!!1!11!one!!!1)

"Jake"

I don't think either of the "Jake"s post here anymore. Am I being pedantic? Probably.

"which comment are you talking about?"

Serial down-voter, going through my back-log one at a time. It's happened before, it'll probably happen again. This time around, I'm pretty certain it was automated. See the recent posts from "1980s_coder". All y'all have the log info, I don't. Do with that what you will.

"500 thumbs down would be a new record."

For one post? I hope to get there someday! :-)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon