back to article Amazon scurries into Seoul bunker day after Nork 'H-bomb' nuke test

Amazon Web Services has opened new bit barns in Seoul, South Korea – a day after nearby psychotic hermit nation North Korea tested an underground atomic bomb. Announced in November, the AWS data centers are presented as two availability zones, each with their own redundant power, networking and connectivity. The move is …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

And all of these data centers fall under US government policy

To allow the spooks the rights to access your data anywhere in the world.

Think I'm a tin foil hatter? Have a look at how the US government consider services US cloud services provided in Ireland the same as if they were on US soil.

2. MyffyW Silver badge

Tchitcherine

Given the Norks rocketry I doubt Tokyo or Singapore are any safer than South Korea for the AWS bit-barns. I wouldn't bet on Seattle being out of range.

As for a "Korea" change for Mr Bezos, I suspect he's much happier dealing with the capitalist-running-dogs south of the border than the not-exactly-workers-paradise that is the North.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Quit maligning Nork, its so dorky to believe every shred of media propaganda

You do realize, that Nork is one of three countries left without a central bank controlled by our dear world wide central banking cartel?

Last time I checked, the other ones are Iran and Syria.

Oddly, those are the very countries most maligned by our media.

- Syria is already embroiled in a U.S. created proxy war, where the entire story is a pack of lies.

- Iran, well since they ousted the CIA installed puppet government, everybody seems to be spitting on them for no reason.

- Nork hasn't been touched for no reason other than the fact they have nukes.

Makes for a perfectly good reason why I'd want a nuke if I was Iran: people will stay the hell away and out of your banking business.

If the Dollar, the Euro or the Yen would collapse, pretty much every other currency would follow into the abyss of 'value' and 'paper' getting a divorce.

The currencies of Iran and Nork would be the only ones to survive, cause they're not controlled by private Banksters or the corrupt IMF.

4. Seajay#

Are they separated by more than a nuclear blast diameter?

If not they aren't really separate availability zones, are they.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like