back to article Hacktivist pranksters stick it to the European Space Agency

Elements of Anonymous have taken time off from fighting adherents of Daesh (the so-called Islamic State) and trolling Donald Trump to attack the European Space Agency. Hacktivists dumped a schema of the ESA website (esa.int), along with data about registered users, collaborators, and subscribers, after hacking into the space …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Mailing list

One of my email addresses is listed in the pasted data - with a 3 digit PIN style password that isn't one I ever used. I subscribed to an ESA mailing list in May 2003, and didn't need give a password. There are a lot of 3 digit PINs being shown in the password field, so I guess ESA autogenerated them at some point, and maybe later users had to give one.

1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge

Re: Mailing list

https://justpaste.it/pnlp

> Content has been removed

Dawww!

2. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge

> Hacktivists

Is this code for "jerks"

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hold them accountable for hacking

A few years in the slammer along with substantial fines should educate the scum who falsely believe that they are ASSnonymous.

1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
      Paris Hilton

Re: Hold them accountable for hacking

> ASSnonymous

Some kind of Space Station?

1. Anonymous Custard
        Joke

Re: Hold them accountable for hacking

Nah, just a small moon

4. Matt Bryant Silver badge
    Happy

"PUTNAIOOACA"

Henceforth to be shortened to putants in Europe and poo-pants in the US.

1. Vic

Re: "PUTNAIOOACA"

Henceforth to be shortened to putants in Europe

ITYF "putains" would be more appropriate...

Vic.

5. Slx

What's ESA ever done on them?

Silly target and one that's trying to do some very cool stuff on a relatively tiny budget.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Yes

because of Anonymous hacking the Twatter accounts of ISIS (or whatever the barbaric murdering religious fuck wits call themselves), ISIS have stopped all murdering and rebuilt all the artefacts they destroyed.

A spokesperson for Anonymous said they were delighted that deleting a few banal, pointless scribblings on the web could have had such a dramatic impact.

In other news, Satan was said to have been delighted at the prospect of having to ice skate to work.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Yes

Satan Engineering is best engineering!

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It's worth noting

That ESA hasn't bothered making contact with any of the affected people.

Everyone I work with found out via the media.

Anon for obvious reasons.

7. anonymous boring coward Silver badge

Anonymous really are a bunch of mature people. Honest.

8. John Deeb

name recognition

It's the ESA name recognition which might perk the ears but in the end it turned out they just found some abandoned mailing registration service on some externally managed site. Not even had actual ESA accounts. But nevertheless, still a signal to tidy up a bit for the agency. And it shows Anonymous are very young and dumb for even presenting this stuff as some kind of accomplishment. It's called lulz because even they realized it was nothing but the domain name which had some value here.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like