Who's moderating Andrew Orlowski's latest

This topic was created by Mr Anonymous .

1. Mr Anonymous

Who's moderating Andrew Orlowski's latest

Hour and a half and still no comments?

1. diodesign (Written by Reg staff) Silver badge

Re: Who's moderating Andrew Orlowski's latest

We woz busy. We try to clear the queue at the very least once every half hour - sometimes there's just loads of other things to do.

C.

1. Antonymous Coward
        Big Brother

What exactly are His Maj's directives for differentiating acceptable/unacceptable splaffs? Is there a timing/retardation dimension to the procedure or is it simple boolean censorship? I feel this should be freely available info, so consider this a FOI request.

2. John Brown (no body) Silver badge

Well, I know it's now nearly 20'O';clock UK time on a Sunday but I have 3 or 4 posts still waiting from last midnight(ish) on Boozing is unsafe at any level... story. That seemed an odd story to turn on modding anyway.

2. gazthejourno (Written by Reg staff)

There's one of me and I've got an entire production and news desk to run while folks are out of office. I love our commentards but you come a very distant second to sub-editing news and all the rest of it.

1. Vimes

Re: Who's moderating Andrew Orlowski's latest @gazthejourno

Personally I fail to understand why some of us can't be sufficiently trusted to always be moderated retroactively.

Doing that would cut down the queue of comments people like you have to deal with and if users see a difference might also give them more of an incentive to behave themselves.

1. gazthejourno

The system is set up so the comments moderation policy is enforced on a per-story basis rather than per user, except for naughty sods who end up on blanket pre-moderation. But I like your idea and I'll feed that back to our tech folk.

1. Daggerchild Silver badge

*waves a ragged little flag for the Phantom Zone exiles*

We weren't all naughty. I'm pretty sure I'm just annoying.

2. jake Silver badge

I'm a naughty sod?

Quite frankly, I can't think of any of my posts (except one, mea culpa) that was against ElReg's rules. From my perspective, I pissed off one, single, moderator for being contrarian, but not actually incorrect.

But whatever. ElReg's forum, ElReg's rules. I'm cool with that :-)

3. Daggerchild Silver badge
      Black Helicopters

Problem: Pre-moderated topic. Posted. Approved. Today: retroactively rejected.

Reason: I named He Who Must Not Be Named. I said he said a thing, which has obviously been disputed.

Problem: He did in fact say the thing I said he said: 2194379

This isn't the first time either. I need to ask: Should I simply not name Him in his place of power?

1. gazthejourno (Written by Reg staff)

Re: Re: Who's moderating Andrew Orlowski's latest

I've accepted this purely because it made me giggle inanely.

2. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

Could be chalked down as a compliment. Depends somewhat on context and interpretation, though.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon