nav search
Data Center Software Security Transformation DevOps Business Personal Tech Science Emergent Tech Bootnotes BOFH

back to article
BLABBERGEDDON! Old Twitter chief becomes new Twitter chief to axe staff – report

Silver badge

Incentive

Throw in another carton of milk, and I'll fire your mother...

Dale Gribble

Silver badge

Gotta pay for the CEO's Salary somehow

More Chiefs and less Indians. A surefire way to get more revenue.

What will the ratings agancies say about this now? Upgrade? Probably.

What? Twitter is going bust? Yah!

Silver badge

How about firing Jack and his (probable) multi-million a year salary and keep the minions? Or doesn't it work that way?

Silver badge

Nice idea but corporates don't work that way... maybe someday </wishful thinking mode>

Not an unreasonable plan.

The execs (as are all employees) are paid on the basis of the value they add to the company. Given that Twitter has not made a profit, does not make a profit, and does not appear to have a viable plan for making a profit in the future, I'm curious about the nature of the value Mr Dorsey is deemed to add to the company.

If cutting staff and thus wages is the path to progress, then they could sack Mr Dorsey and replace him with my corriander* plant. It's just as adept at running a successful company and is quite happy to be paid in water and sunshine.

* Cilantro for any Yanks who've made it this far into my ramble.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

The Register - Independent news and views for the tech community. Part of Situation Publishing