back to article IBM: Hey, puny humans. Come stick your digits in Watson's AI brain

IBM is turning its puny-human crushing Watson AI brain over to developers for the first time. Big Blue announced a new set of APIs and tools for code jockeys and business types interested in running its silicon brain on mobile and social apps on Wednesday. The release comes via the Watson Developer Cloud. IBM also announced a …

1. phil dude
    Boffin

first thoughts....

I saw a brief snippet on BBC Click (I've been reading about it for years), and the thought occurred to me spontaneously(as gushing over language queries was the subject):

"I wonder if watson can derive what is missing from all the datasets?"

As a science type guy this is one of the things that bugs me about this "connected world" we are told we live in. There is so much information squirreled away in either government, corporate or academic archives (classify,paywall,incompetence respectively) , it seems feasible that a powerful "inference engine" might be able to show where the cracks are.

Might this be useful in determining funding priorities...?

P.

1. VladimirOrlovsky

Re: first thoughts....

Please Find some "cool" unusual info in the "cracks" of "BigData"..

until that...

superComputer(s) == super Calculator(s)

-VladimirJosephStephanOrlovsky

2. VladimirOrlovsky

Re: first thoughts....

We read a lot about "Brute-force" of SuperComputers ... "Gigabytes, Terabytes, Petabytes ... bla-bla..."

I would like to fine to read a good article about "Smart" / "unorthodox approach" computing.

Any links?

Thanks,

VladimirJosephStephanOrlovsky

p.s.

IBM, please Look Closely in the cracks of BigData !

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like