back to article Global productivity explodes as Facebook's service takes a dive

As US West Coast workers sat down at their desks for the day's work, the most popular form of slacking off was unavailable as Facebook went offline for a bit. Uh oh. #FacebookDown for you as well? pic.twitter.com/vFLrqCdF45 — Rappler (@rapplerdotcom) September 24, 2015 Facebook corporate hasn't responded to requests for …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It's up for me

What a shame.

2. Khaptain Silver badge

Back to sanity

Fortunately half of the planet will not be up to date about who actually drank some Starbucks this morning... and with a bit of luck they might have actually got some of their sanity back.

3. Harry the Bastard

what's facebook?

obligatory body text

4. Efros

Proud to say

I never even noticed.

5. Mage Silver badge
    Coat

Facebook, do I care?

Yuck

I made an effort with a fake ID to do this facebook thing. But obviously I'm not an addict as they sent me emails today informing me that they unpublished two pages due to lacking updates for a month.

I've websites I don't pay for either that haven't been updated for about 14 years, working perfectly.

I tend to only put content on my own hosting, that I actually pay for, though it's not expensive.

6. harmjschoonhoven
    Pirate

We are doomed.

No FB in the North Sea.

7. Spaceman Spiff

It was down for me here in Chicago for awhile - less than 1 hour. I had just done a system update and thought it may have been an issue with Firefox. I downgraded FF to the older version, but no joy in Chicagoland! So, I upgraded FF again, and then FB started coming back online. Working fine now.

8. Potemkine Silver badge

I wonder how much IT folks' productivity would improve if El Reg was down ^^

9. Pascal Monett Silver badge
    Trollface

Productivity actually went down slightly

Since everyone was on Twitter finding out if everyone else was also out of Facebook.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like