back to article Cyber peace deal still possible despite China's US cyber-spying denials

The US and China are still expected to announce a cyberwar peace deal, despite signs to the contrary during a state visit to the US by the Chinese paramount leader this week. Chinese President Xi Jinping kicked off his visit by telling the Wall Street Journal that the "Chinese government does not engage in theft of commercial …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Childcatcher

Stop irking and get a clue

"What irks the American side is that Chinese military units, using hacking techniques, are systematically stealing commercial data from US businesses to benefit Chinese business."

Well stop fucking around with notions of backdoors and the like and get cracking on helping secure those businesses and their data.

2. Bota

I really don't see why the Americans have a problem with the Chinese spying on them.

I mean it's not like the nsa is used for industrial espionage or anything.

I for one like the honesty of the Chinese system. They let it be known there is one party and you can't do x y and z. In the United States people are fed a horse shit propaganda diet of "anyone can be president" and "freedom".

3. Mark 85

A deal? Possible...

China's tech has finally started to get close to bleeding edge and they probably want to protect it. There's still problems with them and ignoring international copyrights and much of the manufacturing still has quality control problems. But it's a start for them.

Or it's just smoke and mirrors...

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

http://xkcd.com/1573/

5. Your alien overlord - fear me

China's boss is in the USA, the Catholic's boss is in the USA. Is something going on here that us end-of-the-world doomsayers should know about?

Or is simply the leader of the world's largest population and the leader of the world's largest religion just happened to visit the same country at the same time?

6. veti Silver badge
    Trollface

The Chinese government...?

I can well believe that "the Chinese government" doesn't engage in corporate espionage. In exactly the same way as the US government doesn't support terrorism, and the French government doesn't condone genocide.

If I say "my company doesn't sell animals", but someone in Accounts is offering an entire tankful of terrapins on eBay right now, does that make me a liar? I don't think so.

Of course there are people and government agencies in China whose job is to spy on the USA. I'm pretty sure the Americans don't even attempt to deny that they also pay people to spy on China. That's how the game is played.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like