back to article Reg readers select infosec A-Team to save Ashley Madison

It’s a week since – with some prescience – we launched a poll to find out who, in the wide world of IT and beyond, might be man (or woman) enough to rescue troubled infidelity site Ashley Madison. Hours later self-styled “King of Infidelity” Noel Biderman quit as chief exec of Avid Life Media, the parent firm of Ashley Madison …

1. TeeCee Gold badge
    Coat

Makes sense.

Avid Life Media – which has pledged to continue running

Presumably the heavily armed baying mob in hot pursuit is encouraging them here.

2. elDog

Female profiles? Wonder if that IT job is still available...

"To cap it all, security experts who have been through the leaked info have uncovered evidence that many of the female profiles were actually bots, an allegation strongly denied by Avid Life Media earlier this week."

Of course, most of the creeps visiting the site would rather actually have botties (female bots) as their companions. (Not speaking from personal knowledge, just having read too many juvenile paperbacks.)

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Female profiles? Wonder if that IT job is still available...

True, but most botties (I wish I could remember the name of the site that was around 5 years ago) have very limited communication skills.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Female profiles? Wonder if that IT job is still available...

The question that a guy who visits the AshMad site needs to ask themselves is, "If a gal has to resort to AshMad to have an affair, do you really want to be having an affair with her?".

Anon Y. Mus

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Let's face it…

If Chuck Norris was in charge, the chips inside the servers that hosted that site would be converted back to sand, they'd have to build the new servers from scratch using the newly sourced raw minerals.

4. Captain DaFt

I can see the ads now

"Hi, My name is John McAfee. Not only am I Ashley Madison's new head of IT & Security, I'm their biggest customer!"

5. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......................

[snort], did someone say something of value. FUCK OFF CHEATERS!!!!!!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like