back to article There's no Wayback in Russia: Putin blocks Archive.org

Archive.org, home to the popular Wayback Machine, is again blocked in Russia, according to a site that monitors IP addresses banned in that country. The Internet Archive's address, 207.241.224.2, turns up in the latest dump by Antizapret on GitHub. The anti-censorship Antizapret maintains a list (currently beyond 12,000 …

1. elDog

I'll bet that putin and cronies have full access

It's always the proles under these regimes that can't look up xxx and their leaders' crimes against humanity.Doesn't bother the Kims or ex-KGB personnel too much.

1. joeW

Re: "these regimes"

What, you think it's any different here in the West?

2. Solmyr ibn Wali Barad

obligatory quote

We are at war with Eastasia. We have always been at war with Eastasia.

3. totbean

surely the appropriate quote here is : "He who controls the past controls the future";)

4. jake Silver badge

Putin is a putz.

The sooner his government is replaced, the better/safer the world will be.

EOF

1. Uplink

Re: Putin is a putz.

The age old impression that the replacements just have to be better, kinder, smarter, less psychopathic than the current people. Who do you think will replace these guys? Hmm?

1. jake Silver badge

@ Uplink (was:Re: Putin is a putz.)

I have no idea who will replace the current people. But my gut feeling is that they won't be any worse than the existing idiots.

2. Sceptic Tank Silver badge
      Unhappy

Re: Putin is a putz.

Yeah, Jake. Let's send George Dubba-You Bush in to go fix the Middle East. The world is a pretty safe place after he rooted out the WMD's and evil dictators there.

1. jake Silver badge

@ Sceptic Tank (was: Re: Putin is a putz.)

Uh ... the Bush's collective idiocy during their presidencies didn't exactly have anything to do with my commentardery.

And as a side note, mine was posted over two weeks ago.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like