back to article nbn™'s Sky Muster satellite lands in French Guiana

nbnTM, the entity building and operating Australia's National Broadband Network (NBN) is just 34 days away from putting its very own satellite into orbit, and the organisation's communications operatives are starting to reveal a little about the bird. Here, for example, is a picture of the satellite. NBN SkyMuster satellite …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Please be insured!

Whats the odds that given the political climate, it isnt.

Boom Tish!

Laughter

2. Medixstiff

Good news.

Whilst I've always lived in the CBD of Perth, it's good to see country people finally getting half decent internet.

3. mathew42
    Thumb Up

Google Loon, Facebook Drones, Musk's 4000 satellites

Great news for country people.

With the other options being promoted by Google, Facebook, Elon Musk and others the satellites could well be obsolete in a shorter than expected period of time.

4. Mark 85

I've seen that Antonov up close and it's huge. Amazing that the satellite fills the hold.

I guess I'm bit surprised that the whole rocket is loaded (except for the cryrogenic fuel) and waiting on the pad. I take that the satellite has been put onto the rocket yet? Even more surprising to me is that it's going to sit there for month.

5. glen waverley
    Pint

Article says that with satellite "latency won't be stellar". But it might be (nearly) astronomical?

Beer for the sub.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like