back to article Hacktivists congratulate Daily Show's Jon Stewart via Donald Trump's website

Canadian hacktivists Telecomix Canada have defaced Donald Trump's website. The message, entitled "Your Moment of Zen, Mr Stewart" is a shoutout to Jon Stewart of the Daily Show for his steady criticism of Donald Trump. The announcement was made by Telecomix Canada on pastebin and says that the reveal of the server penetration …

Page:

1. Winkypop Silver badge
    Devil

Donald Trump

Parody or real?

I can't tell.

1. GrumpenKraut

Re: Donald Trump

Both! The first HeisenCandidate ever.

1. TitterYeNot
        Coat

"Parody or real?"

"Both! The first HeisenCandidate ever."

How dare you repress the first openly arsehole presidential candidate in American history! Do you not know how brave this righteous man is in displaying his arsehole beliefs for the world to see? Can you not understand the hardship he has had to go through in life just because he happened to be born an arsehole?

I'm shocked and dismayed that I have to read these sort of arsophobic comments even in the hallowed pages of El Reg...

<Coughs>

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

This was kinda dumb on the part of the hackers.

You don't tug on Superman's cape,

You don't spit into the wind...

Trump will put his many, many lawyers on mad-money until these hackers are found and caught, then he will press state, local, and Federal charges. Then he will bankrupt their businesses, and the businesses of their friends.

This is what happens when you mess with an arsehole.

1. sisk

Trump will put his many, many lawyers on mad-money until these hackers are found and caught, then he will press state, local, and Federal charges.

He can throw all the money he wants at lawyers, but if they did the hack from a laptop in McDonalds or somewhere else with free public wifi (which, honestly, they'd be morons not to have done) the odds of actually catching them are pretty much nil.

1. This post has been deleted by its author

1. Anonymous Coward
              Anonymous Coward

Yeah, those G-anti-hacker guys will get him alright. But what if it was the North Koreans, Russians or Chinese that done it.? We're doomed until we can stop injection attacks and CSS hacking, I tell ya!

2. anonymous boring coward Silver badge

You said it better than me.

Now, why would this be downvoted? Shooting the messenger? Not accepting the truth? Being a bit daft?

2. anonymous boring coward Silver badge

Actually, if it was really important, I'm pretty sure NSA could find the particular hardware used very quickly. And the user unless he disposed of the hardware pronto, and didn't use it before the hack.

I doubt NSA would regard this as really important though.

2. Lysenko

>>You don't tug on Superman's cape

Wrong superhero comic franchise.

I accept Superman did battle the odd alien, but that was always about outer space and other irrelevances.

Captain Comb-over is a superhetero for the 21st century. He realizes where the real alien menace is (Mexico).

2. Ian Michael Gumby
      Boffin

@Winkypop ... Re: Donald Trump

"Parody or real?

I can't tell."

-=-

Does it matter?

If we look at the overall polls, while he leads the GOP with 20%, that means 80% of those polled in the Republican Party don't want him. Then there's the Independents and Democrats.

But here's the thing.

1) Say what you will, he's more honest than most of the other candidates. Walker and Kaisich seem to be fairly straight up individuals.

2) Look at Trump's underlying message. The Obama administration has screwed up this country so much.. and the world... things have to change.

It resonates with people fed up with those currently in Congress and the WH today.

Yes, he's an A hole. But unlike others, he admits to being one. He knows how to play to the audience and he's taking a stand and stating his opinion.

Now I admire Trump's openness and honesty. I admire the fact that he's not beholden to corporate donors or laundered money from special interests.

Will I vote for him if hey gets the GOP nod?

Definitely not. Well maybe if its Trump vs HRC.

ABC! Anybody but Clinton.

1. Jason Bloomberg Silver badge

Re: @Winkypop ... Donald Trump

"Say what you will, he's more honest than most of the other candidates.

Or simply a brash personality chasing populist opinion?

Just because others are thinking it and he's prepared to say it; it doesn't make it any more right or even palatable. It does however fill column inches, much like Nigel Farage and Katie Hopkins.

1. Tom 35

Trump has all the class of a youtube comment.

1. Captain DaFt

"Trump has all the class of a youtube comment."

And thousands of YouTube trolls suddenly feel highly maligned.

2. Trevor_Pott Gold badge

Will I vote for him if [Trump] gets the GOP nod?

Definitely not. Well maybe if...

You are everything that is wrong with the human race.

3. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Dude,

Didn't you know? The race will be between HRC and Jeb Bush. Dynasty, Dallas, Game of Thrones ?Please get with the program...

The asshole card is just part of the show.

4. Rob Gr

I'm shocked you can honestly prefer this idiot to Clinton.

Is it that, as a natural republican supporter, you just cannot handle the idea of blacks or women as president?

3. phuzz Silver badge
      Facepalm

People said the same things about Boris Johnson. Now he's mayor of London, and reportedly going to have a crack at PM one of these days.

Be careful what you laugh at in other words.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Rumour has it that Trump and Boris are the same man, but with the hair swivelled through 180 degrees.

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

"Now he's mayor of London, and reportedly going to have a crack at PM one of these days."

Johnson's ambitions went pear shaped starting with the exit polls for the General Election. The Conservative Buller Right was only going to run the country if Cameron got wiped. He didn't...even the most Euro-sceptic Conservatives are rather quiet these days.

And Cameron would love it if Corbyn won, not because Labour would be unelectable but because it would open some centre ground for him to colonise. More Conservative votes from a centrist move = stronger position for Cameron, weaker for Johnson.

The situation in the UK doesn't resemble that in the US at all.

3. asdf

I would take Boris over Trump any day of the week even if he is a recovering American lol.

4. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

"People said the same things about Boris Johnson. Now he's mayor of London, and reportedly going to have a crack at PM one of these days."

But Boris is likeable - and we all really know the bumbling buffoon persona is an act.

You look at Trump and say "wow, he's an arsehole", and it's not just someone pretending to be an arsehole. If you watched the U.S. version of "Apprentice" or "Celebrity Apprentice", you got a feel for how he has no empathy, makes arbitrary decisions [quite often in direct conflict to what he's previously said], and is dictator material.

4. Huns and Hoses

Hmm, hours later and its still there. Awstats will no doubt show that page performed mightily for the Trump website today.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Hmm, hours later and its still there

Interesting. I wouldn't put it past Trump to have the website deliberately changed and then claim it's hacked, simply to get attention. He's done something similar before.

And to those people that sling insults at Trump calling him an "arsehole" - the man is worth billions of $$$, owns mansions everywhere, has his own plane, and bangs beautiful women all over the place. And that doesn't even scratch the surface of the life of luxury and privilege he lives. And oh, he bangs beautiful women everywhere. PlayboyTM playmates, supermodels, that hot chick on the corner.

So to you people calling him an "arsehole" - do you really think Trump gives a damn what you think of him? Do you? I'd live his life in a hot second. Wouldn't you?

1. Trevor_Pott Gold badge

I'd live his life in a hot second. Wouldn't you?

No. My people are worth more than my life or my comfort. I'd love to live a life of luxury, but not if the cost what my ability to care for others. And if I did have his wealth, I'd spent it - and my time - giving as much back in as long term and objectively beneficial a means as I could find.

That you would sell your humanity for fake breasts and a yacht doesn't reflect well on you.

1. Anonymous Coward
            Anonymous Coward

Trump "not beholden to corporate interests"

This is a ridiculous idea. You say you don't want Candidate X because he received a few million in contributions from Corporation Y and he may grant favors that benefit Corporation Y. Trump cuts out the middleman, since he owns Corporation Y!

2. MonkeyCee

Well sure, I'd like to have inherited billions. Since I can't really imagine the stresses that entails, it sounds great. I'm happy with my life where my net worth is a rounding error in Mr Trump's account.

Would I want that in exchange for my personality becoming like Trump's? Hell no. Same reason I don't do profitable but morally/ethically wrong activities, and so don't get as much money as some.

2. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

He's a rich arsehole who inherited all his wealth. Thus he gets the benefit of someone having done the hard work.

He's shit at business, if he had taken his inheritance, put in US Treasuries or Gilts, he would a) have more profit than he does now and b) not have lost investors money.

Now I've known plenty of shits just like him, just not quite believing their own crap quite so much as to want to be TV stars and running for public office. I've also known people who've inherited far more than Trump (and in lines of succession) who are genuinely lovely people.

As for "bangs beautiful women everywhere" I'll just have me a wee giggle at that. Apart from the hair/face/body I can see why there's a teenage excitement to wanting to be Trump.

I mean, his name alone is worth 3 billion :D

1. sisk

He's a rich arsehole who inherited all his wealth. Thus he gets the benefit of someone having done the hard work.

Um....no. He's lost all the wealth he inherited several times over. He inherited tens of millions, maybe as much as $200 million (that's the wildest estimates). He's worth billions. If you think he could have done that through treasuries then you fail at math.

Which is not to say he could have done it without that inheritance. Once you've got a certain amount of money it's pretty easy to turn it into more money. But few can do it as efficiently as he has.

1. Anonymous Coward
              Anonymous Coward

Trump was given control of his father's company in 1971. If back then you bought 10 year treasuries, reinvested the interest, rolled over, etc. you'd have a 20x gain. Not saying that's the best investment you could have made in that time, but he's unlikely to have done much better than 20x unless you believe his fanciful claims of a net worth of $10 billion.

2. Trevor_Pott Gold badge

Once you've got a certain amount of money it's pretty easy to turn it into more money. But few can do it as efficiently as he has.

It's not hard. Hire some maths nerds. Give them funds to play with. Hire some jocks. Have them break the nerds if they don't produce.

Suddenly, you're richer.

3. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

"So to you people calling him an "arsehole" - do you really think Trump gives a damn what you think of him? Do you? I'd live his life in a hot second. Wouldn't you?"

Sounds like you're jealous. I'm not. Trump is an arsehole.

One thing is he has money but no taste, and he *thinks* he's the paragon of sophistication.

4. Bernard M. Orwell

"do you really think Trump gives a damn what you think of him? Do you?"

No.

And that's why he must *never* be President.

5. anonymous boring coward Silver badge

" And oh, he bangs beautiful women everywhere."

If this is true, then I guess there is some hope he gets some horrible disfiguring disease soon. Let's hope.

5. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

"The Register has not been able to ascertain how much the developers or administrators of Trump's website get paid."

Ouch!,

.... but this is why I keep reading el Reg..

1. Stevie

Re: how much the developers [got paid]

Er, do interns get paid anything?

2. Hollerith 1

My fellow Canadians

What you don't earn in $CDN is more than made up for by the amused appreciation of viewers around the world. Fun hack!

3. ratfox
    Coat

Crap web team

Looks like he needs to fire them…

1. sisk

Re: Crap web team

It's set up on a CMS. He doesn't even have a real web team.

1. Afernie

Re: Crap web team

Most of his many corporate web sites have that 'done as a package for £150.00' look to them. Remember the Donald does not do email, so imagine how spending money on website rates in his priority list.

4. Richard Wharram
    Flame

Trump

Heard on Radio 4 the other day that he'd even launched a Trump fragrance.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Trump frangrance

obnoxious odor of mendacity or pure bullshit ?

1. OwenMc64
        Happy

Re: Trump frangrance

http://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/martyn-turner-1.2292283

2. Tom 35

Re: Trump

Are eggs and beans used in the production of this fragrance?

1. Michael H.F. Wilkinson Silver badge
        Joke

Are eggs and beans used in the production of this fragrance?

I somehow think there is sufficient hot air in the man not to need such assistance

3. Rob Gr

Given the slang meaning of trump in the UK, this literally made my eyes water with laughter.

5. Unep Eurobats
    WTF?

Say what...?

You'd think that after going to the trouble of breaking into Trump's website they'd post something at least half-intelligible. What is it about Anonymous cyber-hackery that makes people feel the need to ham it up like a Victorian pantomime villain?

Just about the only thing I gathered after reading it was, as El Reg says in the standfirst, that they think The Donald is an asshole.

1. dogged

Re: Say what...?

> Just about the only thing I gathered after reading it was, as El Reg says in the standfirst, that they think The Donald is an asshole.

Points deducted for stating the obvious, then?

2. Busby

Re: Say what...?

I quite enjoyed the message made me laugh a few times. Worth a look as the full thing is longer than I expected.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not "reaching out" again...

In reaching out to The Register to publicise the breach

Seriously, what ever was wrong with any of the rich variety of single English words that describe a specific or general means of "contacting" somebody? "Reaching out" just sounds like someone's grabbing at a lifebelt while having an over-emotional sob about it.

Page:

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like