back to article Bump and grind is Mozilla's plan for future Firefox OS releases

The Mozilla Foundation has formalised Firefox OS development, pledging that henceforth new versions will emerge every six months. “To deliver upon this vision we are immediately moving to a development model where we will drive a single open source core of Firefox OS, with major releases every six months, based upon weekly …

1. Nate Amsden

here I got excited

that they were backtracking on their aggressive firefox browser release schedule, then I realized it was for firefox OS and thought who cares about that..

(happily running android 4.4.something, android 5.x stay away from my phone please, thanks)

2. x 7

I just wish they'd concentrate on getting one thing - the browser - right and forget about these diversions from the main job

1. Dan 55 Silver badge

They need to spend time on getting TVs and mobiles right, presumably that brings in more money than giving away a browser. Otherwise we're in for more stuff like Pocket.

1. Fatman
        Happy

RE: They need to spend time on getting TVs and mobiles right,

It looks like that may very well be the case:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/07/17/breaking_fad_android_tv_and_firefox_os_head_to_head/

The "money part" being:

The package is extremely elegant, and couldn’t be more different to Android TV. Indeed, Firefox OS owes more to LG’s webOS than anything else. It’s brilliant and I love it.

Perhaps, once they have demonstrated that they can build a device OS that performs well, they can fire the existing browser developers, and do a re-think of the Firefox browser. It is sorely needed.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon