back to article RealSense possibilities: Dell Venue 8 7000 8.4in Android tablet

These days, it seems like the world and his civil partner has a tablet to offer you, whether it's a bargain basement offering like the Tesco Hudl 2 or something more media-centric, like the Amazon Fire HDX 8. One of the sweet spots for tablet pricing seems to be around the £300–350 range, where you'll expect to get a decent- …

1. CAPS LOCK

If I wanted a camera I wouldn't buy an expensive tablet...

.. and if i wanted an expensive tablet I wouldn't buy a Dell.

2. theOtherJT Silver badge

I hate to be "that guy" but...

"2560x166-pixel " ?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: I hate to be "that guy" but...

I'm afraid the numbers are correct. Here is one of the pixels (actual size) that fell off the review model:

3. Grade%
    Gimp

It's not pretty.

The industrial aesthetic doesn't work for this device so taking it home for entertainment, reading and such is more of a end of line liquidation proposition. The Sony Z4 is much more in tune with looks good on the coffee table ideal but then the form factor is different too; so apples, oranges, and zebras I guess. Which is to say, ultimately, meh.

4. xj25vm

Price - really?

"One of the sweet spots for tablet pricing seems to be around the £300–350 range, where you'll expect to get a decent-sized screen, at least 16GB of memory, reasonable performance and battery life "

Are you sure about that? Because I thought at that price point, unless it is made by Apple, I would expect something totally top of the range, waaaay more than 16GB of memory - and amazing performance and stupendous battery life. I can get what the author is listing above in the £150-£200 price bracket already - from perfectly decent brands, such as Lenovo, Acer, Asus. For example Lenovo's Yoga tablets hover at around £200 - and have up to 18 hours battery life and a really nice solid build. So, where exactly is that sweet spot again?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like