back to article Vic cops want 'potential radicals' off the Internet

Victoria Police reckon it's possible to spot “potential radicals”, and keep them safe from undesirable influences by cutting off their Internet connections. The pre-crime solution would also restrict freedom of movement and association, under laws proposed by the police that are apparently attractive to the relatively-new …

1. Thorne

Total waste of time

Because potential terrorists couldn't buy a cheap laptop from cash convertors and use free wifi at Maccas......

2. Cpt Blue Bear

If they weren't radicalised now...

...they will be after this treatment. I wonder if anyone at VicPol has thought of this?

Not that I'm suggesting that police policy makers would foment a menace in order to further their empire building. Not at all, Officer, never crossed my mind, no need for a re-education, sorry deradicalisation camp for me.

1. Thorne

Re: If they weren't radicalised now...

Cause what could radicalise you faster than the police turning up and taking your iPhone.......

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: If they weren't radicalised now...

Well Käpt'n Blaubär - we will believe that you are not lying on this one.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hang on…

…don't this mob shun western technology? Wasn't ARPANet (aka "the Internet") a US Military invention?

4. MrDamage Silver badge
    Trollface

Asking for trouble

"If you pick on any group for long enough you will radicalise some of them."

Single, caucasian, atheist, heterosexual males, UNITE! Let us fight off the scourge of laws oriented towards giving women, families, religious groups, ethnic minorities, and the LGBTI community legal discriminatory rights over us!

Rise up out of your mums basement, brush the cheetos from your neckbeards, and spam your government minister with as many lolcat pics as you can!

5. Charles Manning

Picked on and radicalised

Based on that logic, straight white males should all be complete nutjobs by now.

1. skeptical i
      Thumb Up

Re: Picked on and radicalised

*snrk* Subtle, but well played.

6. poopypants

More proof that we are governed by dangerously incompetent morons.

At least that statement won't get me executed. Yet.

7. Adam Inistrator

Police WANT trouble

otherwise why would they be paid?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon