back to article The world's first proper Bitcoin exchange will be live in a month

Bitcoin will officially enter the mainstream financial world next month when New York State's Department of Financial Services (NYDFS) publishes a regulatory framework for the virtual currency, allowing virtual currency exchange itBit to become the first-ever legitimate Bitcoin bank. The NYDFS will publish its final " …

1. Alistair
    Coat

ah - thanks for the reminder

Selling out BC and burning my wallets...

2. asdf

makes sense

NY wanted in on that action. Wall St. isn't quite as much the golden goose for tax receipts like it was in the good old days.

3. Captain DaFt

"Built by Wall Street professionals,"

Thanks for the warning, that's the surest sign using bit coin will now bleed your finances dry. (Unless you're a one percenter.)

1. Anonymous Coward 101

Re: "Built by Wall Street professionals,"

Aye, because bitcoin has been a model of probity and competence before now.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

> itBit has pitched itself as being entirely trustworthy.

> "Built by Wall Street professionals," its website pronounces

I agree. This is presented much too blandly; might the author have veiled the black humor here?

3. asdf

Aaaand It’s gone.... I am sorry but this line is for bank members only. Classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DT7bX-B1Mg

4. Inachu

The next time Millions has gone missing and any of the owners of the bitcoin consortium go missing then we should implement sharia law and cut their hands off.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Bitcoin is here to stay...

It takes a Digital currency like Bitcoin to prove to the world that the current fiat currencies are based on hot air and not backed by any precious metals like we are supposed to believe.

Whilst there may be changes afoot to correct this, fiat currencies £$Y Euro etc it has by design robbed most of the world of it's wealth and concentrated it in the hands of the 1%.

6. strum

Manx

I was under the impression that there was already a (regulated) BitCoin bank in the Isle of Man. No?

7. Tom 13

This should work well.

New rules for bit coins, brought to you by the same people who created the mortgage crisis of 2007.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like