back to article Australia's digital technologies curriculum parked AGAIN

Australia's proposed digital technologies curriculum, which would see kids taught computational thinking for the first ten years of their schooling, has been parked again. The curriculum's development was spurred by industry concerns that Australia's not producing enough skilled technologists to meet employer demand or foster …

1. Michael Hoffmann Silver badge

ICT in Schools

Interestingly, whatever is happening with this, seems to be causing lifesigns in the ICT in Schools program. CSIRO actually sent an email, apologising for the silence, assuring me that despite the LNP slaughter at the organisation (*), the department(s) had survived and confirming whether I was still interested.

Maybe it's just my hubris, but I think such a program would be of more use than trying to teach primary students Javascript.

(*) The lady used a more polite form of phrasing the changes they'd undergone.

2. Snow Wombat

This is to be expected

Education is run by humanities and gender studies grads who HATE the STEM fields because you can spin science and tech because it's base on facts and measurable outcomes.

They need more humanities grads to brainwash at the uni level, so don't expect to see any actual STEM school programs anytime soon. Suits me fine.. more shortages in Electronic Engineers means my pay goes up.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like