back to article So You've Been Publicly Shamed, Style and The Buried Giant

El Reg bookworm Mark Diston leafs his way through three forthcoming releases. Remains of the Day author Kazuo Ishiguro's first book in a decade takes us on a mythical journey. Jon Ronson engages in a journey of his own having been victim of a social networking stunt. And Joseph Connolly entertains with his tale of guilty …

1. Bruce Ordway

jon_ronson

Thanks El Reg... I will be sure to take a look at these titles.

In the mean time... I just watched the jon_ronson video.

I could appreciate the "academics" work a bit more if they had let Mr Ronson in on their joke and/or not re-purposed his photo. Rather than stupid, they just seemed so oblivious to me.

I confess I played with identities on Facebook once.

It was after I discovered I was not as unique as I thought.

There was a user with my same name.

I did contact that user before I proceeded with my project though.

2. Badgerwocky

:(

Thanks for the massive spoilers for Ishiguro's The Buried Giant. Reviews aren't supposed to give away the big reveals or the ending, and you did both. Slow hand clap

1. diodesign (Written by Reg staff) Silver badge

Re: :(

Oops - added a spoiler warning.

C.

2. Martin

Re: :(

Which is why, when a new novel comes out by a writer I admire very much (like Ishiguro) I avoid the reviews like the plague. I'm going to read the book no matter what the reviews say - I'd rather come to it completely fresh, and not be influenced by other people's opinions. And I certainly don't want the ending given away.

I would have been very upset if I had read this review before reading the book.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like