back to article Judge bars dead Steve Jobs from appearing on TV news FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE

A US judge has stricken a request to release a video of Steve Jobs recorded just months before the Apple cofounder and CEO died in 2011. Judge Yvonne Gonzalez-Rogers has denied [PDF] a motion filed by three US news organizations that would have compelled the court to make a video deposition from Jobs available to the public. …

1. big_D Silver badge
    Holmes

Hooray for common sense

The press has already got the transcript. They don't care about what is in the video, they just want to create a click frenzy / jump in viewers, because they have a "never before seen" video of a dead personality.

RIP Steve.

2. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Whatever was the Old Dodderer thinking ...... ?

The Law is an ass and here is some fresh evidence for support of that fact which is surely disturbing and a perversion of the course of justice ........ http://rt.com/uk/215595-g4s-impunity-manslaughter-mubengo/

And I do not remember it being widely reported in mainstream news outlets here in Blighty. :-) Is that tantamount to collusion and a dereliction of investigative journalistic duty?

3. Timmay

Decomposition

"Apple icon's deposition won't be given to the public"

I read that as Apple icon's decomposition won't be given to the public.

4. Terry Cloth

A jury decides standing???

In every case I've read about in several decades of paying attention, the question of standing is one of law, to be decided by a judge, and appealed if someone doesn't like the answer.

Jurors are deciders of fact, not of how the law applies.*

----------------

* With the notable exception that if a jury decides the law is draconian, or misapplied, they can refuse to convict and there's an end on't.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like