back to article Coinbase launches in Europe - but who's its mystery bank partner?

Brian Armstrong of Bitcoin wallet and exchange company Coinbase claims banks are not mustering to kill Bitcoin, despite multiple claims from various sources. He says that Coinbase, the largest exchange company of the lot, has 1.7 million accounts – and says he knows of just two instances where customers have had their bank …

1. Andrew Meredith

Tit for tat

The article states that merchants cashing in their Bitcoin exerts a downward pressure. However, surely there is a roughly equivalent number of customers buying the Bitcoin that they use to pay the merchants in the first place, so it should even out shouldn't it?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

FAIL in progress - please stand clear

Went to the coinbase strikepage, and tried to create a new account. First attempt crashed...gave me a "try again later" message. After trying again later, I successfully entered some basic personal info, but the validation email failed to materialize. After five or so requests for a duplicate validation email, I was told that I'd asked too many times. So, it appears that I can't complete my registration, cannot find a user-friendly means to contact customer service, and cannot debug the problem from this end. I think I shall not be entrusting my BC to these folks for quite a while.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like