back to article Samsung GROVELS ABJECTLY to Chinese state media

Samsung has apologised to China following an investigation by amusingly-named state telly channel CCTV, showing the South Korean firm's deference to the world's biggest market. The problem outlined on the programme appears to affect Samsung models including the Galaxy S3 and Note 2, apparently damaging the storage memory …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. James Micallef Silver badge
    Thumb Up

Bricked

Good to know that the term "Bricked" seems to translate nicely to Chinese

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Bricked

Bet you won't get that service in the UK.

2. This post has been deleted by its author

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

And region locked?

4. Henry Wertz 1 Gold badge

Not quite as bad...

Maybe not quite as bad, but the Samsung Stratosphere I got had a faulty SD card from the factory (actually Samsung branded SD card too.). Thank goodness I don't have the faulty eMMC, I just picked a different card up for like $5 or $10 rather than going back and trying to get a phone exchanged or something over just the memory card. The phone would randomly freeze, and under investigation (using ADB and the PC) I found while writing to the card, sometimes it'd decide to just drop off the bus instead. Firmware bug or bad piece of flash? I don't know.

5. Pascal Monett Silver badge

Now tell me

Just who is it that is not "bending like a willow" to do business in China ?

That potential billion-customer market is like a slab of beef just beyond reach of a starving dog. There is no company in the world employing MBA suits on its board that is not going to bend over on cue.

Right now, those MBAs are probably feverishly looking for ways to bend over even further.

1. Ed_UK

Re: Now tell me

"Right now, those MBAs are probably feverishly looking for ways to bend over even further."

Yup, right up to the point where their own jobs get outsourced to China. Then, it's not quite so funny.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like