back to article Problems at Home: Facebook opens alpha testing to world+dog

Facebook is recruiting adventurous fanbois willing to become alpha testers for the next version of its Android client. The social network warns that the process "is not for the faint hearted" as features will be altered "several times a week" and the app's stability will be deliberately rocked during tests, but it's the ideal …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Irongut

I find it amusing that a G+ account is needed to test a Facebook app. Not that I have either.

A pox on both their houses!

2. thesykes

" features will come and go, crashes will be introduced and fixed, and designs may go through many iterations"

A bit like the Android Facebook app itself then. Apart from the fixed bit, of course.

3. Levente Szileszky

What?

"Those interested in quality testing for Facebook will need a Google+ account,"

Come again...?

I'm actually on the FB beta group, it's a FB group as far as I know... is this something new, to force people to use the competitor's product..? Just how high Mr Sugarhill was when he made/OK'd this decision? =)

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

A tale of two ends

While Google looks down my mouth to see what I had for breakfast, Facebook looks elsewhere to find out what I had for last night's dinner.

5. Barry Rueger

Call me Back When/If it's Finished

Yes I'm a Facebook user, although every time they remove another bit of privacy or another actually useful feature I find myself one step closer to leaving.

What amazes me about Facebook is that they have consistently had one of the worst Android apps that I've seen. With every version it just seemed to become more and more unstable, slow, and generally useless for anything that you would want to do with Facebook.

At the same time they want it to be ever more closely integrated into the larger Android ecosystem, with access to more or less everything that Google has control of.

How foolish do they think that I am?

6. Rmcb

Re: What?

No really, follow the link in the article!

Beyond belief...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like