back to article Cook: 'We're not in the junk market segment'. Not on PRICE, anyway

This is the week when fanbois around the world prepared for the launch of a new iPhone - and some other piece of rubbish called the 5C, though the C doesn't stand for cheap. When Tim Cook said that Apple was uninterested in the "junk business", just the day before the mobes went on sale, he was talking about price not quality …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Goldmember

"Click on her, said anti-virus outfit McAfee, and you'll get something nasty."

And if you're unfortunate enough to have McAffee installed on your PC, you'll only find out about it AFTER it has been able to penetrate your system and do its damage.

2. Aaron 10
    Holmes

There's more money in the high-end phones than in the low-end phones. Just like there is more money in high-end PCs than in low-end PCs. I don't understand why this is a difficult idea to understand. Although Google's Android operating system is on more phones than Apple, Apple continues to make significantly more money in the segment than ALL the Android phone manufacturers combined. Apple is looking out for shareholders, not the people screaming "I want this, I want that".

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

trust me, google and samsung are also looking out for their shareholders. apple's refusal to play in this segment has more to do with the aspiration appeal of their brand, and less to do with a lack of potential profits. I have no doubt that cook would happily compete in the budget / volume market if he thought they could do so without compromising apple's brand.

1. Geoff Campbell Silver badge

Volume

Apple seem to have no problem competing on volume in the MP3 player market, after all.

GJC

3. h3

Apple is not an aspirational brand. Anybody in the UK who wants one enough can have one.

Aspirational brands are stuff like Meridian / Bentley / Ferrari (Either that or the new designation is meaningless).

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Ain't no difference

Wouldn't be seen dead with an Apple phone or one of the penis extensions you refer to.

4. Sir Sham Cad

Calico

Company that have the most prolific mobile device system, pushing wearable technology, looking to use technology to eliminate disease and aging, company name begins with "C"...

"IOS IS INCOMPATIBLE. YOUR ANDROID WILL BE UPGRADED! DELETE! DELETE! DELEEEETE!"

5. Hans 1
    Windows

About the ad at the bottom

"Win a top of the range HP Spectre laptop"

No thank you, no, really, I would be feeling really bad for the buyer if I were to sell that thing on .... and giving it away would be no better.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like