back to article Redmond cash splash follows mobile hash

Microsoft has decided to fling handfuls of cash at its shareholders, in the form of a 22 percent increase in its quarterly dividend, and renewing its $US40 billion share buyback program. The decision comes as Microsoft seeks a replacement for outgoing CEO Steve Ballmer, and seeks to digest its $US7 billion acquisition of its …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Mitoo Bobsworth
    Joke

In other news...

Chirgwin bins intrinsic read-ins like yesterdays dim-sims - too many gins?

1. dogged

Re: In other news...

I only looked at this article because neither the title nor subtitle made any sense at all.

Shame it was boring.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Microsoft has been very shy on dividends, they paid non for many many years. Paying some more is on the other hand good but on the other hand it also means that they and their shareholders do not expect much in the form of shares going up. You can play around with buying and selling for profit with evolving and growing companies. Microsoft is neither, a fair dividend is the only reason to keep any shares in Microsoft.

1. Khaptain Silver badge

I wouldn't be expecting too much of that in the immediate future. Windows 9 better be written by the hand of [Deity] if the want to see figures rise.

3. Trevor_Pott Gold badge

It is well Ichan is wasting his time tilting at the windmill of Apple. Were he not occupied with that I suspect he'd happen along and ****ing wreck these people.

Microsoft, get your house in order. Before someone else tears it down.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like