Scammed by Simply Electronics

This topic was created by Dominic Connor, Quant Headhunter .

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Dominic Connor, Quant Headhunter

Scammed by Simply Electronics

Embarrassing to say, I sent them money for a phone, phone never arrived, no refund.

They tried stalling tactics and if you try to phone their "Customer Support" on their premium rate line, you just get cut off.

Emails are ignored.

I'd like to write this up for the Reg, who else has been scammed ?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Scammed by Simply Electronics

Oh dear, Dominic - this sounds like the sort of consumer thing that MoneySavingsExperts forums are good for -

For instance: here.

Also there is a thread about Simply / Valuebasket at AVForums.

2. theokurgan

Never heard of them. If it's simplyelectronics.net they only scored 3.6 out of 10 on Trustpilot. similar issues to yours I;m afraid.

3. Overflowing Stack

It's amazing that they are still going, if they were in the UK they'd be shut down for misleading information.

I don't know if they still do, but they used to advertise as being in the UK with fake addresses. People also sometimes get stung for VAT and import duty, which makes the "great prices" not so great.

1. Si la nu

Yes they are still advertising to be in the U.K. They are operating from Taiwan

1. Cathy

Dear Customer,

I would like to clarify that our address is located in Hong Kong. In addition, all necessary details are written on our tems and conditions in our website.

Many thanks.

4. Si la nu

Re: Scammed by Simply Electronics Xperia Z1 Compact mobile 20.01 mp

I ordered a Sony Xperta Z1 compact phone from this scamming company AND did receive a phone about a 6/ 7 weeks later to find the camera was not working properly.... I have a Sony Ericssion 995 Walkman phone which has a good camera and I know from pass experience's that it does not matter how good a fake Sony phone is they can never get the camera right

I have had 2 Sony phone's in the past month The 1st a fake , the 2nd brand new one poor quality pixels and zooming of the camera

This is what I have written on Sonys Xperia Support forum as they were meant to be helping me! People were writing and complaining about the same thing helped me more than Sony on their site with suggestions on what to try.

"I have given up with this phone... i can not believe how bad this phone is! It is a brand new phone sent from Sony via Car phone warehouse as my original one was a fake .... ( i took the phone I got from Simply Electronics to Carphone Warehouse as someone told me that they have got a contract with Sony so if your phone is under guarantee I would get it fixed for nothing!) I did not want to send it back to Simply Electronics through fear of not only losing my money but the phone as well! so take heed any one that orders from Simply Electronics.net as these people ARE NOT operating from UK as they advertise They are operating from Taiwan and I really do not know where all the positive feedback they have on their site comes from?

I am going to sell this phone and hope I get my money back on it as there is no way I can get my money back from Simply Electronics.net. as my 30 days money back guarantee has been and gone as I thought the problems would have been solved after receiving a brand new phone back 3 days after I took the 1st phone in for repair??? . I did question why they have given me a new phone and that I think the old one was a fake the assistant did not know.

1. Cathy

Re: Scammed by Simply Electronics Xperia Z1 Compact mobile 20.01 mp

Dear customer,

I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I would like to confirm that we sell genuine items and are brand new, unless stated otherwise. We source globally but items have full UK specifications.

Furthermore, we offer our customers 30 days cooling off period which we believe is sufficient time for you to check the products received.

Many thanks for your understanding.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

LG P990

Bought an LG P990 from SimplyElectronics 2yrs ago.

Still using it.

They were slow and difficult to get in touch with, but they delivered.

They struck me as cheap to the bone retailer, but not dishonest.

Hope this helps.

3. Dominic Connor, Quant Headhunter

It gets better

They sent me a phone that only uses Spanish, with a few screens in Finnish.

Being a Windows Phone you can't change the language.

Getting a refund required me to get heavy with Simply Electronics payment processors citing the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002, financial firms really don't like that bit of the law on their plate and Simply Electronics were on the phone really very quickly.

1. big_D Silver badge

Re: It gets better

I know, dead thread... But...

I bought a Lumia 620 a few weeks back from Amazon Warehouse Deals. It came with Finnish language as the default. The second configuration screen allowed me to select German (I live in Germany and the phone was for my fiance). Likewise there is language option in the settings to change (or add additional) languages.

4. pussycat 66
    Happy

SIMPLY ELECTRONICS no fair deal!!!!

I ordered a camera for SIMPLYELECTRONICS in August, eventually with no show, I cancelled, and email after email with all sorts of excuses about why they could not send a refund immediately.

Then I went on a forum where a lady told me to contact SKRILL.com I did and gave them all the dates and dealings with SE.

They are refunding my money this week as all transactions from SE go through Skrill.com. Skrill told me to register my bank account and they would process funds directly into my bank.

I then went on TRUSTPILOT and found you can review SE on there, and I have, and today I got a reply to my review, which held no punches! So anyone out there in trouble, follow what I did to get your money back. I wrote to the WEBMASTER and they told me to contact the police so we should all do this to get these scumbags removed from Google Search Engine.

Dear Suzanne,

I have now prioritized your refund and apologize for the inconvenience caused. The refund will take 24 - 48 hours but it may take longer depending on your bank's internal refund policies.

Best Regards,

simplyelectronics

1. Selina1982

Re: SIMPLY ELECTRONICS no fair deal!!!!

Did you get your refund? I'm still waiting for mine even though the status on my account says refund completed ??

5. bikerwales

Wish I had checked this and other reviews before ordeing from this bunch. Item wasn't delivered within 14 working day time scale and then said it will take 2 weeks for a refund. Oh yes hold on to my money for 5 weeks for doung nothing is it I don't think so!

Judging by the reviews in this forum and

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3771291&page=1

and

http://www.trustpilot.co.uk/review/www.simplyelectronics.net

it may not happen.

Following pussycat's advice above I contacted Skrill.com who were quite helpful but told me they couldn't do anything until this goes outside the (completely unreasonable) 2 week refund time limit.

There's also something weird going on with how their ratings show up on Google search e.g check out these screenshiots from today

http://www.bikerwales.com/pics/simply1.jpg

vs

http://www.bikerwales.com/pics/simply2.jpg

6. jessicar

Happened to me also. But I did get my money refunded a month later after a lot of hassle

7. Tharvey
    FAIL

Simply Electronics - don't buy from them!!!

I ordered a nokia lumia 1020 from this company, believing them to be a uk based company with free delivery in 2-3 working days. So initially I can't make the booking on the website so I send them an email. I get a reply the next day saying they will send me an invoice over on email to pay, PayPal being one of the options which made me feel very safe. So I pay then I get two confirmation emails? Although they did confirm that I only paid once (which was true) the delivery date has now increased to 4-10 working days! So just 1.5 days later I decide I don't want to wait that long so I decide to cancel. I check my statement and the money has been taken so I emailed requesting they cancel my order and refund my card. This email has been totally ignored and I even received an email to say they want me to send identification to a leslie@simplyelectronics.net. All I want is my money back!! I've cancelled well within the 30days cooling off period that they state on their website so I do not understand the issue here?!?!

1. Suburban Inmate

Re: Simply Electronics - don't buy from them!!!

Good luck mate!

Like yourself I just ordered (on the 7th) without paying attention and then cancelled a seemingly good deal on a Samsung from one of these shady little outfits. Thankfully the firm refunded without hassle, but now the refund has passed through Paypal it's decided to take a long weekend in fucknowswhere on the way to my NatWest account.

8. feedback

Another unhappy customer

I am another unhappy customer and here's the email I've just sent to the company who keeps on finding excuses not to send me the camera:

Hello,

as you stated in your email that my feedback is very important, here it is and you will understand why I am a very unhappy customer:

1- On 26/06/14 I ordered a Canon EOS 600 D body with 18-55 mm lens kit + 1 Mack 3 still digital Warranty

2- When I looked at my account on the Simply Electronics website, I got the following message "Please contact us by telephone or email".

3- On 04/07/14 Ava, customer service officer, sent me the following email:" I will get back to you once I get an update". Consequently I sent back an email asking for further details.

4- On 07/07/14 Clara, customer service officer, sent me a message with the following sentence "Delivery can be expected within 2-4 days". Still waiting and no answer, I called the company and a lady said that the delivery would take another 2-3 days. But then still no delivery so I sent another email.

5- On 15/07/14, Diane, CSO, sent me an email saying "orders have been delayed"

Then I called your company again and Faye told me that the camera could not be sent to my address as it was a school address and for security reason it was better to provide another address. Had I not called, I would still be waiting for the camera to be delivered as no one sent me an email about it. Still, I agreed to replace the school email by my home email.

6- On 22/07/14, Faye sent me an indemnity letter which I filled in and signed as agreed.

7- On 22/07/14, Faye sent me another email asking me to print out, sign, scan the document. I sent another email saying that I do not own a scanner. Therefore, I was asking either to get the camera or to get a refund

8- On 23/07/14, I am receiving your email stating that I will get a refund and it might take up to 2 weeks.

I hope you do understand why I am unhappy. You might send me another email to apologize about the difficulties I met with your company but that will not be enough. In 2 weeks time if I have not received the refund, I will have to sue your company as this is malpractice.

Isabelle.

1. Cathy

Re: Another unhappy customer

Dear Customer,

I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We thank you for your feedbacks as this will help us point the issues to improve and provide better services for our customers in the future.

Many thanks.

9. paulnick

No one should ever buy from this site sent me phone that was not uk enabled they are sending out cheap imported phones and passing them off as uk ohones do not be taken in like me

10. Finman
    Thumb Down

Avoid Simply Electronics

I had no idea this company was based in Hong Kong. Their website is misleading. Their delivery promise of 2 to 3 business days is misleading. I ordered a phone which took over two weeks to arrive and when it came it was the wrong model. They sent an Asian model disguised as a European model. The box it came in was over labelled as a European model, however on inspecting the phone in detail I discovered it was actually an Asian model and not fully compatible with European LTE frequencies. The few pounds I saved were definitely not worth all the trouble.

1. This post has been deleted by its author

11. StheBrit
    FAIL

Buyer Beware

I called before purchase and was advised the item would be with me in "2 to 3 days". I bought a Garmin Vivoactive and 5 days later been told that they're "sourcing stock" but "if you want to cancel there will be a £25 restocking fee".

Best avoided.

1. This post has been deleted by its author

12. lorrainerae6@gmail.com

I recently purchased a samsung galaxy 6 edge mobile phone from simply electronics on the 29th of November I have had no email or order number so I can't track my order I don't know if I will receive it they have taken money from my account had I known that the phone would take longer than the 2 -3 days to deliver I would have went elsewhere I need this phone it's the only way that I can keep in touch with my daughter as she has health problems I am using my son's tablet so that I can text her it's not the same as talking to her on the phone I worry about her I haven't had a phone for 3 weeks as I broke my one so simply electronics if you read this please let me know if my phone is on its way

13. mkippax

I ordered an Olympus camera in June and it arrived in a week. It worked fine for a couple of weeks and then when on holiday in July after 42 days, it died and would not re-charge. On returning in September, I emailed to ask how to return it. It took a few weeks to get a response on where to send it back. I asked for a refund/ replacement and they said that they will fix it under warranty, which I am not happy about as it's a waterproof camera and I expect that the repair will wreck the seals, but that is in their small print. Anyway, It's now December and it's not repaired and no indication of when it will be. My last email response was 2 weeks ago and said that I would get an "immediate response". I'm not sure if they are shady or just incompetent, either way, I would not recommend them!

On 15 Jan they said that the camera was unrepairable and offered me a 88% refund as I had 42 days use of the camera and it was past the 30 day reporting period to get a full refund. I was promised the refund in 2-3 business days. It is now 17 days later and I still don't have the refund and no reply to my latest emails. I would not recommend Simply Electronics to anyone!

This topic is closed for new posts.