ARTICLE: Boffins blast briny boat balloon bid as 'gross waste of helium'

This topic was created by C 18 .

1. C 18
    Boffin

ARTICLE: Boffins blast briny boat balloon bid as 'gross waste of helium'

Oi Lewis!

Why you no comment section put on this, puzzled we are yes...

Kudos to this guy! That's why it's called research, it seems pointless and unfocussed until we hit upon that most important of phrases, more important than 'eureka', the phrase that marks the true moment of discovery in every worthwhile, notable step in human progress, 'hmm, that's funny...'*

*funny strange, not funny haha, you know, but funny anyway sometimes...

1. TeeCee Gold badge

Re: ARTICLE: Boffins blast briny boat balloon bid as 'gross waste of helium'

As Isaac Asimov put it (from memory, so YMMV):

"Contrary to popular belief, most important scientific discoveries do not start with 'Eureka', but with 'That's interesting.......'.".

1. C 18
        Pint

>As Isaac Asimov put it... Pour vous, or Jeudi --->>>

I knew it was a smart mind who coined the original which for the life of me I cannot recall when I happened upon it.

Thank you TeeCee for the education.

2. Martin Budden Silver badge

Why you no comment section put on this, puzzled we are yes...

Why hasn't Lewis put a comments section on this article either: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/07/11/co2_greens_the_deserts/

Is he scared of us?

Also, why can't I start a new topic in these forums???

1. DrXym

Perhaps the author wasn't provoking the reaction desired or being called out on the bs too much for comfort. Disabling comments is very poor form, as is pre-approving them.

2. sdjkafhksdiofwer

asdf

"Contrary to popular belief, most important scientific discoveries do not start with 'Eureka', but with 'That's interesting.......'.".

justin

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon