back to article 'Not only is James Bond fictional, he's not a fair representation of intelligence'

This was the week when a technology consultant tried to give people the FEAR by hacking Google Glass and suggesting that nefarious villains could use the tech specs to see and hear everything users do. Jay Freeman, also known by hacker handle Saurik, showed he had gained root access to Glass in a blog post and said that with …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. nuked
    Coat

Happy Friday

Vagina jokes aren't funny.

Period.

2. FanMan
    Trollface

"The film version is almost incomprehensible"

Never mind the "almost".... but that's missing the point. The film was all about atmosphere and style. Brilliant.

3. John Sanders
    Devil

The film version is almost incomprehensible

Because they did not hire Morgan Freeman to appear in mid movie to explain it.

4. Matthew 25

Not only is James Bond fictional, but he is not a fair representation of intelligence.

Then again, if it was a fair representation of intelligence it would be dead boring.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Not only is James Bond fictional, but he is not a fair representation of intelligence.

James Bond has the income, lifestyle and so on of an intelligence officer of a certain social class, but apparently has the job of one of what Winston Churchill described as "the rough men", the NCOs from certain special regiments who might actually go around shooting people that the Queen's representatives took a dislike to.

Le Carre, on the other hand, can spend pages describing an intelligence officer spending weeks going through old files and make it sound riveting. He manages to turn the bit in TTSS where someone smuggles a file out of the Registry into a major drama.

5. Allan George Dyer
    Paris Hilton

James Bond not a fair representation of intelligence?

Next you'll be telling me Die Hard is misleading about police work!

1. GitMeMyShootinIrons

Re: James Bond not a fair representation of intelligence?

For an accurate representation of the gritty realism of police work, you need Keystone Cops or Police Academy.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: James Bond not a fair representation of intelligence?

Yes, Die Hard is misleading about police work. Sorry to spoil your day.

To reveal my utter levels of cluelessness, when it came out in Germany I was at one point standing in front of a cinema looking in my dictionary to find out what a "Hard" was. The truth did not emerge till I got back to the UK.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Plus ca change

"The mass of the public will never realise they've been robbed."

They never do. Classic examples include inflation (robbing those who have savings in order to favour debtors - including government of course) and the banksters' grab for cash.

7. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Happy

I wonder what they made of "The Tears of Autumn."

Which was written by a serving CIA intelligence officer.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like