back to article HP UK veep Murphy volunteers to jump ship amid staff cuts

HP UK veep Steve Murphy is understood to have taken voluntary redundancy ahead of mass lay-offs at the wobbling tech titan. Murphy, who joined HP in April 2011 months after resigning from his position as UK chief at HDS, is believed to be one of more than 150 people the vendor hopes will volunteer for the chopping block. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Joined in April 2011? Presumably he's getting a whole two weeks of his basic salary as a payoff then? :D

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. sabba
      Megaphone

His Golden Parachute can barely have had time to open.

His Golden Parachute can barely have had time to open.

I do hope he doesn't crumple on impact. That gold bullion can weigh a fair old bit.

2. Tom 38
    Headmaster

Murphy, who joined HP in April 2011 months after resigning from his position as UK chief at HDS

Wow, normally I only leave it a few weeks between jobs, this guy took 167½ years off.

3. sabba
    Mushroom

Let's hope...

...that a significant proportion of the 29 000 consist of the large number of feckless, lazy fuckwits who reside in the HP offshore teams of MPhasis and HP India.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Let's hope...

I trust you're joking... What I hear is we will be replacing a lot of the EMEA redundancies with more Indian and Chinese staff, after all, they are cheaper. Again, only looking after shareholder value.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like