1. Dominic Connor, Quant Headhunter

Why Garmin don't do refunds

Garmin make it very clear on their site that if you buy a map, you can't get a refund.

I've also found that you can't get technical support.

If you're thinking of buying a Garmin Satnav before going on holiday, don't.

Unless you want to spend hours in cybercafes trying to get deferctive software to work.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Why Garmin don't do refunds

Don't buy their Navigon mobile software either.. It runs quite well (they bought the company rather than wrote it), but if you change phones, they won't let you tranfer the license to a new phone (much less simply let the Apple/Android app store license it on your devices like most of their competitors). Navigon's support people are awful to deal with, too.

Sygic, Copilot, Tomtom etc. offer alternative good quality premium offline mapping for the main mobile OSsen.

2. Dominic Connor, Quant Headhunter

If you call Gramin expect a long wait

A very long wait, so normal is "unusual level of calls" that they've pre-recorded a message to tell you to wait.

3. 11
    Happy

Panorama mode not exclusive to iPhone 5

The recently announced iPhone 5 is going to sport new and improved cameras that allow you to take panorama images. Thus you can capture 240° field of view with iPhone 5 camera.

Only the panoramic images? How about the 360° videos? These days, I found a new gadget for 360° photo & video capturing with iPhone. The name of the cool gadget is “HotPano mini”, by attaching the fisheye lens to your iPhone, you could capture both photos and 720/1080p HD videos that have 180° FOV in all directions.

I just bought it from indiegogo. It’s on presell. It gives my iPhone 4/4s a new lease on life. Haha

4. Bob726

I'm surprised to hear this, considering how well known Garmin products are. It just goes to show that you always have to read the fine print before buying anything!

5. mimilovell

I scraped my naviation device and now just use my iphone google map. It is quicker

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon