back to article Oracle cranks Exalogic software stack up to 2

Oracle could have launched its new Exalogic hardware in conjunction with the new rev of its middleware software stack, as El Reg speculated earlier this week, but the software giant decided it didn't need the latest Xeon E5 processors from Intel to boost the performance of its Exalogic "engineered systems." Instead, it rolled …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Matt Bryant Silver badge
    Boffin

Ar$e-covering?

I think this looks like the Exalogic team preparing for the inevitable moving away from Snoreacle-only hardware. Once it's virtualised, it will be so much easier to implement on Dell's, hp's, IBM's or Uncle Tom Cobbley's x64 hardware, which protects the Exalogic team in the longterm from the continued demise of Snoreacle's server division.

2. Even Jelical
    Holmes

smoke and mirrors - - move along, nothing to see here......

"........Oracle just tossed that slide up during its launch webcast without explaining it, but presumably all of the hardware has been normalized between the 1.0 and 2.0 releases......"

No explanation????????

"... presumably..." !!!!!!!!!!

How many machines/cores/instances????, chipset revs, no details?????

smoke an mirors I say!!!

3. PracticalApplications
    Alert

Tim - did you mean "Exalogic" servers? Best of my knowledge, Exadata is not virtualized.

Palmeter also says that it was always Oracle's intent to virtualize the underlying Exadata servers, and that was one of the reasons why it was called the Exalogic Elastic Cloud, to use the product's full name

1. tpm (Written by Reg staff)

Yup. I meant Exalogic.

4. J.T

I work at a company that's been heavily involved with Oracle and getting OVM working on Exalogic.

They've consistently missed milestones, our engineers have done most of the documentation while Oracle could not provide anything meaningful, and the product pales in comparison to any other Virtualization tool we use or evaluate when it comes to features and even the capability to move vms to other nodes.

The company bought some of the first exalogics off the line and we have zero production applications on the platform.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like