back to article Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes

The only Batman I have ever cared about is the cynical desperate anti-hero of Frank Miller's The Dark Night Returns but Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes may have just changed my mind. Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes The fall of Superman Like the Batman franchise the Lego game series is prolific. Since 2005 we have Star Wars, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

One Downer

Unfortunately they have kept the Compulsory Dynamic Split Screen thing. In the latest Lego Star Wars, you can select a fixed split screen, which works much better than the dynamic thing.

2. Alan Bourke

It's very good

however they need to work on the map - I'm a seasoned GTA player and all that, and even I found it hard to navigate. A 5 year old would have no chance.

3. This post has been deleted by its author

4. 2metoo

Too short

I love the lego games, this one looks and plays great. However there are only 15 campaign levels and they are completed with about 20% on the lego completion clock. After that it's just brick & trophy collections. This is the 1st one I've played and thought "is that it?". I hope for better things with the LOTR trilogy that is trailed on the Batman game. Sigh.

5. Pete Spicer

I'm not convinced on the whole 'everyone in the DC universe' shtick. I mean... most of the villains are basically name-checks and included for the sake of inclusion and given stupid mechanics to 'justify it'.

Aquaman is there. Yes, really. But the only use for him is to use his ability to spray a jet of water much as Robin does with one of the suits, except just in the places where you don't have Robin + his suit or it would be really inconvenient to do so (like in parts of Gotham City)

The Flash is there too. His only reason for inclusion, other than a name check, is to 'reassemble' the things that Lex's deconstructor ray has disassembled.

I mean, just by the conclusion of the main storyline, you'll have Batman, Robin, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Cyborg, and The Flash to play with.

Don't even get me started on the number of villains they included, all of which are on roof-tops and need to be duelled, and serve little or no real other purpose in the game other than that.

As far as navigation goes, that was handled surprisingly poorly, I thought, but turn on all the remote Batcomputer terminals (look for the red beams of light, can't really miss those) and then you can be shown a map with everything on it, and after that it isn't really hard to find, especially since you have multiple characters who can fly and thus float and look down on things... and this follows through for the roof-top duels: if you can find them and get to them, you almost certainly have Superman who can fly - and is invulnerable.

Completion of the main story campaign and only getting 20% is absolutely par for the course. Though I too felt unsatisfied - I was kind of hoping for the same as Lego Batman, having the villains' story to play too or at least more than 15 levels.

I like the idea of the massive Gotham City area to explore; it's done even better than Hogwarts was in the first Lego Harry Potter game (years 5-7 was quite poor by comparison, IMHO), but doing it this way is way too linear, it's one overall storyline and one huge area to explore, though there is a lot to do there.

If you liked the series thus far you probably won't be too disappointed, but you probably will be a little disappointed.

Not sure this should have had 85%, I'd have given it about 75% myself, that's after 25 hours thus far - it's a lot of fun, of course, but I'm not sure it's as polished as has been stated.

6. TheManCalledStan
    Headmaster

Seminal Performance!

Surely Clancy Brown must truly be recognised for his portrayal of Eugene H Krabs in SpongeBob Squarepants!

7. Youngdog
    Thumb Down

Slightly off topic I know...

...but sorry girl I have to disagree - although a real game changer in comic book terms a far superior aged incarnation of Wayne/Bats can be found in the Waid/Ross classic 'Kingdom Come' series.

Best Bats ever? Loeb/Sale 'The Long Halloween'. And that one isn't even up for discussion.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Who would have thought that Lego would come out with video games? As a child I grew up with lego. I was so into the idea of Lego video game. The best experience would be playing the game 3d. Ever since I was introduced to 3d gaming, I got addicted. Nothing can get better than Lego plus batman on my LG LM660T.

This topic is closed for new posts.