back to article Dixons keeps wolves from the revolving credit facility door

Dixons Retail has inked a £300m revolving credit facility with its financial backers that should ease the cash flow of Blighty's largest retailer. The deal extends Dixons current facility, which was due to mature next year, until the end of June 2015. Sources say this will provide short term guarantees that should keep the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Largest Retailer !

Think that honour goes to Tesco.

2. ukgnome
    Devil

Totally pointless

Second rate sellers in the 80's, 90's, and also the new millennium.

3. Geoff Campbell Silver badge
    Alert

A revolving credit scheme?

Will it revolve fast enough to keep up with them as they circle the drain?

GJC

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Maybe they would do better if one of their top brass actually visited one of their stores? I can only assume they haven't for some time or have really low standards.

The local PC world looks grotty, faded signs, awful shelving and in need of modernising. Apple Stores show how nice retail stores can look.

1. Captain Scarlet

Ugh

I like neither of them, PC World should at least put prices in the right places and Apple is to "Popular" for the likes of me who would prefer not to pay for an apple logo on stuff (Although at least the saleman will stick to you like glue not sod off when they realise there is no comission in it for them).

5. KnucklesTheDog
    FAIL

"Then Dixons chief exec John Browett put in place a transformation programme that included ... building a services-based business in a bid to draw a line under its poor reputation for customer service."

When's that kicking in then? I had to deal with their customer services recently over an item that wasn't delivered, and I can tell you they just don't have any. All emails and calls go to the same call centre, and they aren't interested at all - questions were answered with sighs, and requests to speak to managers lead to being put on hold for 20 minutes or more, presumably waiting for you to hang up (if you don't you're told there's no one available). I must have made a dozen phone calls over a week and got nothing out of them whatsoever.

This topic is closed for new posts.