back to article Apple orders 10in iPad, moles claim implausibly

Taiwanese contract manufacturer Pegatron, which already makes iPhones and iPads, has landed orders for the iPhone 5 and a ten-inch iPad, it has been claimed. The handset is said to be cued to ship in September, the tablet in Q4, "Taiwan-based supply chain makers" tell Digitimes. Getting Pegatron to produce iPhone 5s seems …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. ed2020

Apple rumours...

Zzzzzz.....

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Apple rumours...

Yes, especially from Digitimes.

They tend to make a lot of stuff up.

2. LarsG

Ok, now where have I heard things like this before?

I remember, fairyland.

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Steve would be rolling over in his grave, if a 10 inch screen was necessary he'd already have done it.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

I hope you were joking..

yeah, now Steve is dead we will be sticking with exactly the same form factor and products forever, there will be no more innovation and style will be a thing of the past.

2. Yet Another Anonymous coward Silver badge

Repeat after me

Nobody cares about a slightly different sized iPad/iPhone/iWTF that might or might not be launched at some time in the future.

Is the entire IT journalism 'profession' being taken over by the people who used to write stories about 'has Paul McCartney got a girlfriend' from 1960s editions of Jackie magazine?

1. jai

Re: Repeat after me

Yet you still clicked the link and commented on the article. You're as much a part of the problem as the journalists who publish these rumours.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Apparently

Apparently they ordered a load of toilet roll and according to sources have been buying in supplies for a very long time now. Our source further notes that as of this day, no toilet roll has left the building leading to speculation that a some new shit hot product will be appearing soon from our favourite fruit themed supplier, unless of course you prefer Raspberry's to Apples.

A earlier rumour about a 10" iPad was soon squashed when Apple launched the new iPad 5" screen which is sold in pairs.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: our favourite fruit themed supplier

So, order of favour, that'd be:

Apple, who make Macs;

Raspberry, who make Pi;

Blackberry, who make lemons

1. Anonymous Coward
        Thumb Up

You know what, I reckon that those three fruits blended would taste great. What with Apple and there iProducts and now Raspberry with there Pi products, maybe RIM should rebrand to RiM and focus on making lemon products as they might just fail and get something nice again in the process.

2. Bear Features

Think you'll find Apple make sheep ;)

1. craigj
          Thumb Up

Re: Think you'll find Apple make sheep ;)

Sure, Apple make sheep.

Those apple sheep must look quite foolish to the 95% of different, free-thinking computer users all running windows.

And those 55% of out-there, trying something different smartphone users all running Android

:)

3. Yet Another Anonymous coward Silver badge

I need to work in some Yorkshire Rhubarb computer joke

4. Jedit Silver badge
        Happy

Re: "Apple, who make Macs"

Does that mean the 17" MacBook Pro is a Big Mac?

2. Neal 5

Re: Apparently

"A earlier rumour about a 10" iPad was soon squashed when Apple launched the new iPad 5" screen which is sold in pairs."

Surely, pairs=pears

4. Steve Davies 3 Silver badge
    Holmes

Come clean El Reg

One minute Apple ws a Foxconn rebrander and here we have another company who Apple is rebranding for.

So which one is it?

Or is it that Apple actually designs something an gets others to make it?

5. jai

More likely..

Considering that Pegatron currently supply iPhone 4s along with Foxconn, is it not much more likely that this report is that they will also start producing the current iPad (being named the "new iPad") in addition to Foxconn. And hence the confusion in thinking that it's a new model/design?

6. Phil Kingston
    Thumb Down

I do wish el reg would stop it already with wasting their time "reporting" unsubstantiated, unresearched regurgitations of rumours for anything Apple.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Me too

Coz you waste your time reading the reports and commenting on them, then I waste my time reading your comment and commenting on it, then you'll probably reply to this, and a bunch of other folk will wast their time reading the whole chain, and before you know it UK GDP goes down the drain and we all starve and die.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like