back to article LinkedIn buys SlideShare

LinkedIn will spend US$118.75m to upload SlideShare into its portfolio of offerings. CEO Jeff Weiner says, in a press release, that the reason for the buy is that “Presentations are one of the main ways in which professionals capture and share their experiences and knowledge, which in turn helps shape their professional …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. AlexS
    FAIL

Blackberry

BB is still the number one business smartphone out in the field (probably). Whatever people write we won't know if blackberry is finished or not until the end of the year (ie BB 10).

Linked-In haven't updated their BB smartphone app for two years, and it's gastly.

Glad to see they have their priorities straight when it comes to target audience.

2. Real Ale is Best
    Paris Hilton

SlideShare

Who are they?

3. Nev
    FAIL

Pfft...

$118.75m ?

Obviously LinkedIn has no idea how to negotiate these kind of buy-out deals.

Otherwise they'd have paid $1BILLION.

4. umacf24
    Happy

They should have bought Prezi.com

Now THAT'S an on-line presentation tool!

1. Michael Wojcik Silver badge

Re: They should have bought Prezi.com

The bloom is already off that rose. For the past couple of years I've heard frequent complaints about Prezi at conferences - people complaining that it adds too much noise (in the form of pan/zoom/rotate visual effects) to presentations, that it's too much trouble coaxing it to work in the often rather hostile IT environments of conference hotels and the like, that its main purpose is to put lipstick on the pigs of poorly-written and -designed presentations. I've even seen a number of people complain in print that Prezi presentations make them dizzy or nauseated.

On the other hand, I don't know what, if anything, makes Slide Share any more valuable than any other site where you can store presentations, aside from its (claimed) relatively large user base. It always struck me as pretty boring.

5. Tim #3

Is Linkedin still going, what have I missed? I haven't been on there for ages.

Reminds me I got some spam the other day about Myspace.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like