back to article Motorola brings 3G to Xoom tablets

Motorola improved the connectivity of its Xoom 2 range this week, with the launch of 3G compatible versions of its 10.1in and 8.2in tablets. The Xoom 2 packs a dual-core 1.2GHz processor with Android 2.3 Gingerbread Android 3.2 Honeycomb. There's a 1.3Mp front-facing and 5Mp rear-facing camera, 1GB Ram and the choice of 16GB …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Timmay
    Stop

Gingerbread?

"The Xoom 2 packs a dual-core 1.2GHz processor with Android 2.3 Gingerbread."

Looks like at least 3.x - Honeycomb.

1. LarsG

Re: Gingerbread?

Ice Cream Sandwich anyone?

Why not?

2. DrXym

3.x

Unless Motorola have produced some retrograde version they're all running at least 3.0 and the Xoom 2 is on 3.2. Not sure what the attraction of 3G is in a device except to fatten the manufacturer's wallet. What's wrong with just tethering it to a phone?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Yesterday's tablet

This one packs Tegra 2 SoC. Therefore it's performance is OK, but nothing to write home about.

Even if it has 3.2 installed, I'm pretty sure it'll get ICS very soon.

But the device itself is quite nice. Easy to hold, robust, good selection of I/O ports, etc.

Moto needs to step up to Tegra 3 at the very least.

1. Random Handle

Re: Yesterday's tablet

>This one packs Tegra 2 SoC.

Really? Elsewhere they are TI OMAP 4430s - which are fitter A9s with a reasonable PVR GPU.

4. Audrey S. Thackeray

I'm sure it is lovely

But it's twice the price it would need to be to get me interested.

5. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

But Still No Card Slot

A stupid decision to remove this when comparing to the original xoom.

1. Gene Cash Silver badge

Re: But Still No Card Slot

At least the card slot works as well as the original Xoom. I still can't see what the horrible difficulty is in writing to an SD card... my Droid does it just fine.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like