back to article Citrix champions CloudStack, throws OpenStack under a bus

If you have been wondering how Citrix Systems was going to juggle two different cloud fabrics in its product line – its own open-source CloudStack and a commercialized variant of the similarly open-source OpenStack project started by NASA and Rackspace Hosting – you can stop wondering. Because Citrix isn't going to juggle at …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Ah yes, the open-core philosophy, just enough functionality to be useless.

2. T J
    Megaphone

Go Citrix

Ok 'Citrix' as we who have accidentally had corpseorate jobs at some stages is a total POS, we all know that. It just barely does for WinshyteDOS what X did in 1980 for UNIX.

However - their Xen offering is probably the best virtualization on the market, or at least will be shortly.

For once, I have to agree, its GOOD to be abandoning the opensource original. After what the nerds did to KDE I'm not in a very forgiving mood to developers who think 'features' are 'improvements'.

Go Citrix - go forth and make this work, vmware needs to be kicked out of the market and I doubt KVM will ever reach commerciality at its current glacial pace. And there are no others.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Funny they want to ensure VMware is not the dominant player in Private cloud but then bow out of the game and drop xenserver (not officially but when was the last real feature update).

If you have ESX what is the first choice for cloud management?...

Then there is the problem that VMware is the only one shipping real product with improvements and features being added constantly.

And I was a real xen/openstack fan until I needed features and now.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like