back to article Hacktivists hammer Polish govt for backing ACTA

Hacktivists at Anonymous have turned their ire at least partially away from SOPA in the US and towards governments pushing its bigger brother, ACTA. The majority of Polish government websites were taken offline over the weekend as the result of a DDoS attack in protest against ACTA, the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Pseu Donyme

The *really* worrying aspect of ACTA is that what amounts to legislation can so effectively pushed by a handful of US trade associations, in secrecy and under false pretenses.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The only good hacker is very dead

If you're not willing to waste a good bullet, prison time might change their attitude a bit?

3. Tom Chiverton 1

And has the UK given our rights away ?

4. Peter Murphy
    FAIL

Sometimes, FAIL is not enough

This is one of these times.

"Hackers claimed that the password and login to premier.gov.pl's admin panel were admin and admin1 respectively, F-Secure reports."

Can we get a FAIL squared or FAIL cubed icon, El Reg?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

admin log in and password

These have now been confirmed as true. I wonder if the admin walked back into his office last Monday (as the above were reported in the media) to find his job waiting for him or his marching orders? Sadly, this part of the story has not been revealed, no doubt due to "security policy at the highest, national level".

And it was also revealed, that of the 27 organizations to receive "public consultation papers" last year, 24 were our friends, starting with the Business Software Alliance. The rest were corporate and public TV stations. No, there is no report on whether those "consulted" anybody other than their business partners ;)

But then, it also surfaced, that the ratification was approved by the Polish parliament in the autumn anyway, with a vast majority of MPs from most parties, including the opposition, voting for the ratification. And then, one of those MPs, on his blog, yielded to the unique outburst of frankness:

"Today in the morning I found out that I voted for ACTA, really. No, I'm not going to deny this. Did I know what I voted for? No, I didn't. Do I always know what I vote for. Rarely. Do other MPs and EMPs know what they vote for? No, they don't".

Then there were some guesstimates he offered:

"you can call us ignorant and lazy, you can call us names, you can call us parasites, but you need to accept the facts: 90% of the MPs in 90% of the cases have no clue whatsoever what they vote for".

No remorse, nosir. So... deal with it.

This topic is closed for new posts.