back to article American search team fails to find women's G-spot

US researchers have concluded that there's little evidence to support the existence of the legendary Gräfenberg Spot - a bundle of nerves located in the front wall of the vagina which can supposedly cause the earth to move. The team - led by urologist Dr Amichai Kilchevsky of Yale-New Haven Hospital - trawled "clinical trials …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

If you are looking for the on button...

You don't know how to make love!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

make: *** No rule to make target `love'. Stop.

1. Phil O'Sophical Silver badge

No rule to make target `love'

Ah, a recent graduate.

Real Unix gives:

% make love

Not war?

%

2. rrevolverr
      IT Angle

Mr. Straightfinger?

I'm maybe not too familiar with English... do they tell us they have spent damn sixty years for a female masturbation?

Wow. A Real Sci-Punk. But the secret was in finding a proper angle (-:

3. Allison Park

idiots

why didn't they study people who know an enjoy their g-spot? That makes more sense than picking random people that have no clue/

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Allison needs to do some basic statistical courses and learn the meaning of the words "selection bias" and "statistical significance".

4. miknik
      Coat

All that time and effort for an inconclusive result

bet they felt a right bunch of cunts

2. Ken Hagan Gold badge

Amused by: "The King's College study shows a lack of respect for what women say."

Sure, coz the existence of an anatomical structure is best determined by what someone says, particularly the one person on the planet who is physically incapable of looking. (Or can French women do that? I think we should be told.)

1. Sorry that handle is already taken. Silver badge
      Thumb Up

Indeed

Ignoring the evidence, or lack thereof, is much more egregious than merely ignoring someone who claims something exists simply because they believe it to.

The quoted statement misses the point entirely.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Kings College....

The College where Quackery is King.

Where Physical ailments are re-branded as psycho logical sicknesses.

You would think these guys are Scientologists with the way they corrupt real world medical evidence, Maybe they are...

one day they will get the medical record bent so far out of shape that you get admitted to hospital with a broken leg and get sanctioned to the nearest looney bin with some silly made up name psycho-limb mumbojumbo breakdown.

(the Quacks from KC are already doing this with MS/ME/CFS (and now EHS/Microwave sickness))

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

@AC 18:54

Is that the same EHS for which it has been shown in studies that the emissions were no worse than nocebo?

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

read "she comes first"

This book describes in detail female anatomy, ah hem down there.

It speculates that the G spot is the base of the clitoris (which is actually a larger organ than the button type bit), mostly hidden under the flesh of the first lip. See wiki diagram

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Clitoris_anatomy_labeled-en.svg

2. bonkers
      WTF?

I think you have got your own name wrong.

What an outrageous statement - if we can't see it, you can't feel it ??

I think people know their own names, like they know their own bodies. They do not need visual proof of a known thing. I don't care if it uses the same density of nerves, or if it puts more power down them, or if there are strong tissue differences or none. It is a sensory thing, and as such exists merely if noticed.

For what its worth, there is a noticeable physical structure, but that may not be universal.

1. bonkers
        Thumb Down

downvoters

would any of you care to explain what is wrong with my post above?

Surely we are talking of the existence of an erogenous zone here, which need not necessarily have a distinct physical form. I see the denial of its existence as akin to saying there is no physical evidence for you having your own name, whatever your insistence.

1. scarshapedstar
          WTF?

Uhh

"Surely we are talking of the existence of an erogenous zone here, which need not necessarily have a distinct physical form."

So what the hell is it? A ghost?

2. exanime

your wording is weird

the way you open your statement basically says "just because I cannot prove in anyway that I saw that alien taking my cousin it doesn't mean the alien was not real"...

the g-spot is supposed to be a physical area where a bunch of nerves congregate and is that gathering of nerve terminations that makes it move the earth... if it turns out to be a huge placebo for women so be it but it is definitely NOT what the g-spot (as originally described at least)

... I for one do not care what these people say... I will continue my field research looking for it!!!! LOL

1. bonkers
            Coat

Is it a ghost?

- No it is not a ghost, but a thing that is human sensory thing, a perception. Consider it like "ticklishness", or have we determined that that doesn't exist either?

My point is that as a phenomenon, as an erogenous zone, it exists, even if not necessarily in all women.

The physical form similarly, just "some" evidence is all that is needed - even if it is rare, it exists. Anyway, there seems to be quite a lot of physiological variability in this sort of thing, try wikipedia on the subject.

1. bonkers
              Pint

Esprit d'escalier (the wit of the staircase)

"evidence of presence is disproof of absence"

3. Velv
    Coat

I bet all the researchers were men - none bothered tp read a manual, and they certainly wouldn't stop and ask directions.

(full disclosure - I'm male, and I'm mocking my fellow males)

So while researchers may claim it is purely imaginary, the results are are unambiguously positive when you do find it. Except when they're religous!!!

1. mike2R
      Stop

There's a manual!?

For God's sake, someone drop me a link!

1. Greg J Preece

I don't know what the manual is, but the Karma Sutra might be considered an advanced supplement.

1. defiler

RTFM

Literally...

2. Pseu Donyme
        Joke

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XVYMXWQ2

3. bonkers
        Thumb Up

sure thing Mike...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=g-spot&l=1#

4. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

read "she comes first"

nearest thing to a manual for that sort of thing

2. Toastan Buttar

What's the best way to bring a woman to orgasm?

Who cares?

4. frank ly
    Coat

Is it any surprise .............

...... that a team led by a man failed to find the G-spot?

On my way........

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Is it any surprise

Not when you consider the research was lead by the inahbitants of a country which was discovered by someone of indeterminable origin who got lost looking for somewhere else. If their forefathers couldn't find Asia what chance have they got with a G-spot.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Joke

@Frank

But it wasn't for lack of trying!

I bet it was the most exhausting research ever, going on night after night and most likely during the mornings as well.

5. Josco
    IT Angle

Interesting

But where's the IT angle? I can't find it for the life of me.

1. Jedit Silver badge
      Joke

There's no difference between sex and tech support

Have you tried turning your woman off, then turning her on again?

1. Bumpy Cat
        Devil

Turning off then on again

I tried that, but after the third toggle she hit me ...

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Not without danger

There's always a danger of bricking her. Once off off - off for ever. Or at least a long time while you try to find the original firmware to reload.

2. Field Marshal Von Krakenfart
          Coffee/keyboard

Toggle Switch...

fnarrrr fnarrrr!

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Where the Customer ALWAYS! Cums First...

If She Doesn't!!! then you better check the User Manual,

Cos if you don't get it right (the first time) your ass is Fired...

As theres no calling a colleague to help out option

(unless she says so, and if you do, you may not be called back!)

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Could it be the G-spot is actually a logic switch? Not one point but several that, when stimulated correctly result in the toggling of this switch?

We know that the human body uses such switches to pinpoint sensations, and is why we can experience phantom sensations/pains/pleasure. So could that be why this spot is so elusive?

Hmm... this could require some serious investigation...

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Maybe

they just had javascript disabled

3. jake Silver badge

@Josco

Are you new here?

TOA was clearly posted under the "Biology" banner ...

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

I think the clue is in 'I can't find it'.

4. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

you work in IT

and aren't interested in sex?

6. Vladimir Plouzhnikov

Yeat another metastudy

So, they amused themselves reading other intrepid researchers' adventure stories? Wankers.

How about rolling up the sleeves, undoing the belts and doing some real research instead?

7. phuzz Silver badge
    Thumb Up

For something that doesn't exist, it sure works well :)

1. Kool-Aid drinker
      Thumb Up

+1 for that ^

8. JimmyPage Silver badge
    Meh

Hmmmmm

"dozens of trials that have attempted to confirm the existence of a G-spot using surveys, pathologic specimens, various imaging modalities, and biochemical markers."

Maybe, just maybe, they weren't going about this the right way?

1. fixit_f

^^ Maybe they weren't holding it right?

9. Christoph
    Joke

That's even better

If it existed but was very hard to find, then it would be easy for women to blame men for not finding it.

But if it doesn't exist at all, then it's *always^ all the man's fault for not finding it!

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Mmmmmmmm....

...twins!

1. Havin_it
      Unhappy

The real learning we can derive from this study is that a night with twins means double the work as well as double the pleasure :(

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

On the subject of twins...

What would happen with those twins with two heads and one body? Do both heads detect the same sensations?

11. Jolyon Ralph
    Thumb Up

Obligatory XKCD reference

http://xkcd.com/685/

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like