back to article Steve Jobs gets posthumous Grammy AND a bronze statue

Steve Jobs, who died in October this year, has been posthumously handed a Grammy award. Meanwhile, a "life-like" bronze statue of the Apple co-founder has been erected in Budapest, Hungary. Me woz born in da heart of da Staines ghetto The Recording Academy said that Jobs was among its list of 2011's "Trustees Award …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

is it cause me turtleneck is black?

2. Peter Gordon

Strangely

the statue looks more like Sir Clive Sinclair to me, at least in that photo!

3. amanfromearth

Dat iPad is like well good, innit

.. big it up for da Stevie J

4. LarsG

IDOL.........A PLACE OF PILGRIMAGE

Idol worshippers unite, a place of pilgrimage at last.

A new book will be published, the Steve Jobs Tales, compulsory literature in schools, 6 tales of pilgrims making their way to their idol.

Chaucer will finally be relegated to the bottom draw.

Hooray.

1. Aaron Em

You spell it 'draw'

and you're complaining about the death of literature? Seems a bit incongruous to me.

(And perhaps you'd be entertained to know that, here in the colonies, when one speaks of 'drawers' and pronounces it 'draws', one speaks specifically of Y-fronts or other cotton undergarments. Which strikes me as a hell of a place to which to relegate ol' Geoff, but thanks for the laugh!)

5. Danny 5
    Stop

bloody hell

Can we all stop talking about Steve Jobs please? i was taught not to speak ill of the dead, but this is starting to get rather ridiculous. Let me say it one more time, in case it wasn't abundantly clear already. Steve Jobs was no saint, more the opposite if anything.

The king is dead, love live the king!

1. Aaron Em
      Go

Sorry, no, I don't believe so

Funny, your last sentence -- had we in the seceded colonies but had the wit and good sense so to elevate him in place of our present pathetically demotic system of supposed government, I suspect Mr. Jobs would've made the sort of king to whom we'd still refer, five hundred years from now, as "Steven the Great". No saint? Of course not! How many saints have made good rulers?

1. graeme leggett Silver badge

tempted to agree

Wenceslaus I, Duke of Bohemia - killed aged 30-something (he looks older in the ilustrations of the carol!)

Edmund the Martyr - doesn't seem to have done a lot

Edward the Confessor - historians disagree but he should definitely have sorted the inheritence business out

2. My backside
      FAIL

Huh?

No one is forcing you to read the article, moron. STFU!

1. Danny 5
        Trollface

wrong icon used

you should've used the troll icon :)

don't troll a troll, it doesn't work and there's a huge risk of causing a troll loop, which has the potential to destroy reality as we know it.

6. Steve Evans

Budapest?

How random.

When I was there in the summer I noticed a very healthy selection of different handsets, so they're hardly a country of fanboys. Apple products are horrendously expensive there, for example it's cheaper to buy a Mac Pro in the UK and ship it to Hungary than it is to buy it locally.

Not often the UK can be described as a cheap source!

7. Jedit Silver badge
    Thumb Up

That left hand...

Looked to me like he was giving everyone two fingers at first, which would make it a very lifelike posture. Then I saw that the angle was just bad and all four were there.

On a sidebar, why has El Reg not yet reported Apple's being granted the patent on multitasking phones? I would have thought you'd be all over that.

1. Doogie1
      Joke

"Looked to me like he was giving everyone two fingers at first, which would make it a very lifelike posture. Then I saw that the angle was just bad and all four were there"

I think he's counting the total number of Android tablet sales.

8. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Me too, Me Too...

Does your company need publicity?

Does you business need to be associated with the trendy people?

Then join us at cling-onto-a-dead-guys-legacy-in-the-sad-hope-it-will-help-our-proifile.com

1. AndyDent
      Flame

Graphisoft are genuine

I worked to develop a building information system for a company using ArchiCAD, in the early nineties. At that time, the story of how much encouragement they had received was well known amongst ArchiCAD users. When they started, they were literally working out CAD software on paper and having it compiled outside the country.

I suspect you have to have worked closely with people from former communist countries, as I have, to understand how much this kind of support meant to them. I have no doubts that their sentiments are genuine.

If the statue had been erected in the USA, I'd be cheering on your sentiment but your cynicism is misplaced.

2. Field Marshal Von Krakenfart
      Trollface

No, He's just gesticulating to his critics/fanbois

But then I always thought he was a bit of a gesticulator anyway.

9. zen1

But...

Does this mean every time I use an iAnything, I must turn towards Cupertino, hail St. Steve, sacrafice a $10.00 bill and then flip off any Wintel device that's within visual distance?

10. David 45

Oh dear

Yet more totally unjustified adulation for a guy who appeared not to have any manners and was bullish to the extent of being downright rude, judging by the e-mails that were previously published. His influence on the computer industry was NOT as god-like as some folk would have you believe. He was certainly a master of spin and propaganda, hyping new Apple products to the hilt to try and justify their hideously over-inflated prices. A bit of style maybe - but that's all you're paying through the nose for. Oh - and for the "privilege" of Apple having total control over the product, even though you may have thought the good money you paid made it yours to do with whatever you saw fit.

11. Dick Emery
    Holmes

Won't be there for long...

...not wiv da price ov scrap me'al bein' wot it iz...like..

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like