back to article Nokia lightens Dark Knight with Batman blower

Nokia has created a run of limited edition Lumia 800 handsets to tie in with Christopher Nolan's next Batman blockbuster, The Dark Knight Rises. Journalists were shown six minutes of the forthcoming Batman epic at a media event in London yesterday, where they were also given the chance to see Nokia's batphone in the flesh, Jon …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

How limited?

I mean move that 5, there is enough for all GENUINE Windows Phone owners.

2. DuncanL
    WTF?

The dangers of small fonts

"tucks"... it says *T*ucks...

3. Code Monkey

If it allows me to shine a massive bat logo on the clouds I'm in! Otherwise...

4. Geoff Campbell Silver badge

Nokia should put them into the standard supply chain, at random. That'd boost sales of the phone.

GJC

5. Ralph B
    Thumb Up

Holy Worthwhile Space Saver, Robin!

This batphone will save space on the utility belt since it will double in function for the cans of Apple- & Android-fanboy repellents.

6. ratfox
    Trollface

Q: Why were only 40 produced?

A: They did a study of the market demand for Nokia WinPhones beforehand...

7. Paul Shirley
    Joke

So up to 40 geeks sorted out but still nothing for the fashionistas...

The post is required, and must contain letters.

;)

8. Dan 55 Silver badge

Good to see that their priorities are straight

Batman comes before fixing the Symbian 3 mail client...

My patience is wearing thin, Nokia.

1. friedegg03
      Facepalm

I'm pretty sure that they didn't dedicate their entire resources to this project at the expense of all other projects...

1. Dan 55 Silver badge

@friedegg03

On the other hand this is Nokia we're talking about.

Symbian 3 PR 1.0 didn't manage to include an auto-BCC option, didn't have an icon on the screensaver and didn't blink the notification light for e-mail waiting, e-mail notifications via polling stopped working after a while and had to be kick-started with a phone reboot or they simply stopped working completely, e-mail notification via IMAP IDLE basically doesn't work, and the e-mail client was separated from the SMS/MMS messaging client (unified messaging was useful). A year and three months later with Symbian Anna and everything's still the same.

While the Series 60 3rd Ed e-mail client wasn't perfect, I didn't have to put up with this nonsense.

2. Lance 3

Some of the limitations in the mail client in S60 3rd Edition FP2 are in Symbian^3. I have reported it to Nokia several times and got confirmation back from management and you can see how well that worked. For every BCC you have, it send the message individually. Say you have a 10MB file attached and 9 BCC's plus one in the to field. The message will be sent 10 times, so 100MB in total.

1. Ralph B

@Lance 3

[quote] For every BCC you have, it send the message individually. Say you have a 10MB file attached and 9 BCC's plus one in the to field. The message will be sent 10 times, so 100MB in total.[/quote]

So, Symbian makes spammers pay, eh? Nice. I'm developing some warmer feelings towards Nokia.

9. Jim Coleman
    Thumb Up

Nice! With such a limited production run, I'll bet they'll start popping up on Ebay for a small fortune. I suspect one of those will feature in a product placement during the movie, being used by the Caped Crusader himself (I expect the villian will have to make do with some random Android thing).

Whilst I'm against product placements on principal (I don't pay good money to visit a cinema to see a 2 hour advert), at least this time it'll be for a product that I like.

10. Tom 13
    Flame

Where do I go to downvote an article?

You were doing okay until that last paragraph. But you'd best keep your mitts off the Caped Crusader, even if WB does manage to bollux up the movie. He'd kick Judge Dreadd's ass and all without a gun.

11. jai

tucks! "T"ucks!!!!

"tucks an inebriated Bruce Wayne"

man did I read that wrong on the first pass....

12. A. Lewis
    Meh

"don the famed batsuit and blubber heroic cheese incoherently for two hours or so"

Well said! I was thinking I was the only one that didn't really get the appeal of batman. I saw 'the dark knight' at t'cinema, and thought it was a well-made enough film, but nothing really special.

13. Mark Jan
    Holmes

Robin?

Robin wouldn't be seen dead with one!

14. Captain Scarlet
    Paris Hilton

Is that it?

Wheres the Bat Cable Launcher, Bat Lazerbeam, Bat etc...

15. The Envoy
    WTF?

Pay for?

I expect to get paid by the movie company for carrying around product placement/live ads like this.

16. Goat Jam
    Gimp

Badass symbol of macho

or Lame symbol of nerdiness?

There's such a fine line between them, no?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like