back to article Space station resupply 'nauts avoid fiery death

The delayed Soyuz launch of two cosmonauts and an astronaut to the International Space Station lifted off successfully in the early hours of Monday morning. The Russian Soyuz TMA-22 launched on schedule at 4.14am GMT from the Baikonur cosmodrome in Kazakhstan, carrying NASA astronaut Dan Burbank and Russian cosmonauts Anton …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Scott Broukell
    Boffin

and lets not forget ......

that, apart from the re-supply, the ISS gets that vital little boost in altitude each time. Otherwise it my suffer the fiery death.

Might these cosmonauts also take the opportunity to attempt contact with the errant mars probe ?

2. Sorry, you cannot reuse an old handle.
    Thumb Up

[title no longer required]

is that a new "climbing stage" vehicle, where once the main tractor is at higher altitude, it can actually lift a second cargo by virtue of reduced drag...?

that's what I call a "real" space elevator :-)

3. Tom Cooke

Dragon

This Dragon mission must be a first of some kind - surely worth a bigger fanfare?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

In Kazakhstan, we launch space rocket! Is nice!

1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
      Coat

But in Soviet Russia, space rocket launches YOU!

No wait, that's actually supposed to happen. I am confus.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

In Soviet Russia.....

resupply mission brings more mouths to feed!!

(OK, that was lame, but I'm working on it. )

Mine is the one with the Tang and turkey-dinner-in-a-tube in the pocket.

6. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Fiery Nonsense

Look at the very top of the rocket system:

http://www.en.rian.ru/photolents/20111113/168611568_5.html

You will notice the tip with the rescue rockets, which will eject the crew capsule from the main rocket, in case something goes wrong. Much safer than the Space Shuttle, which had none of these. Apollo DID have it...

Dear Register, check your facts before you write. Thanks.

7. TimChuma

Moving to French Guyana?

Supposedly they were moving the whole thing to the facility where the Ariane rockets were launched I thought? Something about it being closer to the equator and being able to launch heavier payloads.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like