back to article Google open sources JavaScript testing tools

Google is open sourcing one of its key JavaScript testing tools in an effort to get developers to speed up web applications. Google JS Test is used internally on the V8 JavaScript engine using in Chrome. Google has attributed much of the speed increases it claims for the browser to the performance of the V8 engine, and the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Benny
    Stop

Ok..

and then what?

Is this article based around http://code.google.com/p/google-js-test/ or something else?

You didn't exactly make things clear now, did you?

Obv it's Friday, but still...a dash of clarity wouldnt go amiss

2. Tzael

Deflection, nice try Google

An attempt by Google to deflect media attention from all their recent cock-ups? Here, have some half-baked code we couldn't be bothered to package up into something immediately useful to the development community.

Seriously, a decent unit testing framework for Javascript is very useful to developers. TDD is definitely preferable as more and more development teams embrace the benefits of Agile, yet what Google have chucked out to the development community is mediocre at best, though at least it helps deflect attention from the negative Google stories circulating in the press lately.

C'mon Google fanbois, downvote without even looking at the mess they call Google JS Test.

1. ratfox
      WTF?

"Deflecting attention"?

For the life of me, I can't see what media would be distracted from whatever they are doing by something as obscure as the open sourcing of JavaScript testing tools. Seriously, about 1% of the population understands what this is about, and a much smaller percentage actually cares.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not that useful without DOM really

There are many JS testing frameworks like this. Please supply something headless with a DOM!

4. Ben 50
    Pint

qunit

...is adequate

5. nyelvmark

Is it necessary to test Javascript?

I thought it was like HTML - you fuck about with it until it seems to work in IE6, then you call it done and publish it.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like