back to article Windows Marketplace goes webby

Windows Phone users, happily getting their Mango update, can now buy apps using a website as well as the Windows-only Zune client. The web-based version offers access to the same range of applications, and pushes them directly out to a registered handset, or sends an email with a suitable link if push isn't operable for some …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Richard 31
    Paris Hilton

Also useful..

... if like me you find the Zune software a painful experience.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hurrah

Now MS users can buy software for their crappy OS from anywhere!

1. Anonymous Coward
      FAIL

Troll Alert!

Didn't take long to come out from under the bridge.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Pint

Their like bugs to a light bulb, put one out there an they come from miles away.

3. Darryl
    Happy

"that Mac-using-WP7-owning demographic" - I'm sure both of them will be thrilled.

Seriously though, I'm happy to see that MS is giving people a choice instead of forcing them to use proprietary software.

1. Al Jones

Do they still need the Zune s/w to download the mango update?

4. Jolyon Smith
    FAIL

Because without a web store...

... nobody takes those two-bit wannabee platform players over at Apple seriously at all.

5. mark l 2 Silver badge

lets call it the Windows app store, the more the term 'app store' becomes generic for a place to buy your applications the less chance Apple will have to trademark it.

But then again i don't like the Windows trade mark as that is also generic and a Window in an OS were refered to as such before MS Windows came along.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like