back to article Yahoo, Microsoft's Bing display toxic ads

Search engines from Microsoft and Yahoo! Have once again been caught displaying ads that direct users to malicious content, some that infects them with malware that's hard to detect and get rid of, researchers said. Queries such as “FireFox Download,” “Download Skype,” and “Download Adobe Player” typed into the sites returned …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

MS

I see that they put as much thought into who is allowed to advertise as they do in making a stable operating system.

1. Brezin Bardout

I see you put as much thought into your comment as you do in making up a user name.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Bling not Bing

The only people I know who use Bing are more concerned about BLING than anything else.

Yeah, they are from Essex.

3. Big-nosed Pengie

Bing?

Someone actually uses it?

4. Mediocrates
    Black Helicopters

This doesn't happen to Google...

Because the GoogleCops play Hardball. In fact they're so nasty they don't even want the world to know they exi-...GHY!RKK...................

5. CyberCod
    Flame

See this?

THIS crap is why I use Linux.

And, this is why the only thing that I have from Microsoft is a game console. They just can't be taken seriously for anything else.

1. Tomato42
      Trollface

MS game console

how many times have it been already replaced? I mean, they have 33% failure rate...

6. John Tserkezis

THIS crap is why I use Linux.

Irrelevant. Using Linux (and Bing) will lead you to the same malicious code.

But that's not was being discussed here: It's that the search engines return known malicious code.

The fact you can't actually execute the stuff on your Lunux box is irrelevant by this stage.

7. Kurgan
    WTF?

Bing sucks soo much...

Try also to search for "microsoft security essentials" on Bing using IE. The first two links are malware sites. If you use Firefox it behaves differently...

1. Coen Dijkgraaf

Bing sucks soo much..

"Try also to search for "microsoft security essentials" on Bing using IE. The first two links are malware sites. If you use Firefox it behaves differently"

I tried it on both IE and Firefox, and the only difference was introduced by Ad Block Plus. Without Ad Block Plus Firefox also showed same site adds as IE.

There are a few that I doubt are legit (a bit of Google search on the names makes them very likely to be malware site).

2. Tomato42
      Facepalm

In other words, they can't even keep their own backyard clean...

8. Captain Scarlet
    Holmes

MS identified source of the "attack"

Oh so they took a look at the link which clearly shows the website address.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like