back to article Ex US internal-security overlord bigs up cyber menace

Cyberattacks are the top threat to future national security, according to the former head of the US Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Michael Chertoff. It's well known that Chertoff, who is now the co-founder and managing principal of private security consultancy the Chertoff Group, has a healthy respect for the power of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"the one area where we've done less than I'd like"

right, but anything short of an app than automatically electrocutes immigrants if they use their cell phone, is probably less than he'd like.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Recalling the recent anti-terrorism warning also without concrete threat

It's clear where the next wave of terrorism will be coming from: Immigrant-American Cyberterrorists On Small Aeroplanes!

So it's obvious, everyone with an aeroplane simulator program on their laptops is clearly up to no good. Also: Attack excercise! Everybody hide under their tables!

The trench... n'mind don't touch I'll get it meself.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

flightsim

The best place to play a flight simulator is on a laptop in the seating area near the departure gate in an airport before the flight home.

I've done it, its fun, trying to land a 747 from 30k deadstick is still a challenge.

1. IglooDude

Hmmm

Fun, or practice/preparing for the "flight crew disabled by really nasty in-flight meals" Hollywood movie scenari? Or both, I suppose.

3. Not Fred31
    Facepalm

Security company thinks security is vrrrrry important?

Surely not?

4. Will Godfrey Silver badge
    Unhappy

Actually I agree with him

We are in FAR more danger from cyber-stalking governments than ever before. Attacks by politicians in almost all countries are becoming a major threat to the global security of ordinary people.

5. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Late to the Party again, Uncle Sam

"However, Chertoff now worries that power will be used more and more often to attack financial and political systems, ...."

Methinks, Michael, and it will not be a worry to anyone with nothing they are hiding worth worrying about, such power will be used more and more often to attack both dodgy financial and crooked political systems and their supporting counterparts/duped national defense systems and delusional security czars.

""The more and more technology is developing, the more we're getting very dangerous intrusions into our cyberspace," he said." ....... That would be urCyberSpace, Michael, as in original and universal, and you just can't claim any of it just as if it belong to you. That is just plain stupid. Things have changed recently, and by more than just a little, as I'm sure you are being made aware.

But don't be getting paranoid about it, for that will not help anybody or anything.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Take Back Your Life

I look forward to ordinary people having their say. The ordinary people of not just america but the world must stand up against this Fascist economic system which tramples on their rights! And I don't say fascist as rhetoric, it is well know that the Nazi's lost ww2 but fascism won, the economic system we have is that of Nazi Germany where the government and big business get into bed together, Just look at the facts, not one banker or investor who plunged the world into financial ruin has faced justice, why? because if they where to face justice then that might expose certain politicians.Just look at the Strauss Kahn case or the facebook-v-Paul Ceglia case, as soon as their is a flaw in the victims evidence the court either throws the case out or discredits the victim. A prime example of power protecting powerful people over the hard working ordinary citizen ,,,So on September17th best of luck to all who take part and hopefully you can change something in the Devils Belly

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like