back to article Virgin gives early adopters benefit of recent price cut

In a rare moment of magnanimity - for the consumer electronics boz - Virgin Media is apparently compensating early adopters for a subsequent price cut. When it began offering its 1TB hard drive-equipped, TiVo-based set-top box, Virgin charged punters £150 for the unit. Now, both existing Virgin customers and new ones pay £100 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. ZillaOfManilla
    Unhappy

still too much for me

The problem I have is that I spent money getting the V+HD Box, which wont be refunded if I go for TiVO, where as someone trading in their standard V Box pays the same as me, If I got extra discount for trading in my V+HD I would deffo go for TiVO, but for now it just costs too much.

1. MerseyMal
      Happy

I was fortunate...

that when I moved from V+ HD to 1TB TiVO, I got the old V+ HD box installed in another room with all the same channels that it had at no extra cost (one off or monthly)

2. Alan Clinch
    Thumb Up

Excellent

Between this, launching Spotify, not advertising in the NOTW and being the only ISP to give anywhere near their advertised speed, they are my favourite company right now.

3. Bobby Omelette
    FAIL

Pulled its NoTW advertising?

Big wow ... as NoTW doesn;t exist after this weekend.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

fantastic,

Virgin sounds like a good company all things considered, where do i sign up? oh wait a sec i live 10 yards too far down a road, out of luck again.

Be serious though, Virgin is a great idea but the inferstructure is seriously lacking, which gives BT total dominance which in turn means there is no compertition and we get shafted.

Keep up the good work Virgin but maybe consider a network extention to help boost your sales and provide even more great offers.

1. The Starglider

Expansion definitely required

I would agree 100%. Virgin I feel is a pretty good company generally, but they do need to start rolling out network expansion in a big way to build their customer base. It's no good saying they have a 50% coverage by population when that 50% is based in large towns and cities.

Time to get their fibre optics out to the more rural areas and especially at new builds too.

5. Blubster
    Meh

@Still too much for me

Me too. If they gave it away free it would still be too much.

How about improving the quality of the TV shows on offer first? Watching crap is bad enough, but recording it as well?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

I M LUCKIEST PERSON

that when I rushed from V+ HD to 1TB TiVO, I got the old V+HD box installed in my daughter's room with all the same channels and it had at no extra cost (one off or monthly).

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like